˗ˋ 05

CHAPTER FIVE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE GIRL WAKES UP

. . .

Rosie, in her shocked state, would no doubtedly miss her next class of charms. And with Fred and George rushing off to that very class, it left Rosie's books, bag and various other items still in her desk.

Moody had left not a second after the students, disregarding whatever was left behind, grumbling to himself about something to do with Dumbledore. And that left Cedric. 

A slightly uneasy feeling settled in his stomach, glancing between the desk and where he and Rosie were sat. Moody had made the corpse of the spider smaller, but it was still on the desk, brushed away like it was nothing. 

And if it had been that size upon it being cursed, maybe it wouldn't have affected him, or Rosie, or anyone else in the room as much as it did. None of them, as far as he was aware, would have hesitated in killing the spider, had it been it's usual, tiny size.

But the death was so much more enhanced how big it had grown. It seemed to have so much more impact, than killing a tiny little spider by throwing a book, or something at it. 

Cedric felt a cold wave roll down his spine and he shivered, attempting to not look at the front desk. It gave him some sort of feeling, it felt almost guilty, but a sense of foreboding wove it's way in, slightly worrying him.

But instead of letting that worry settle, he focused on carefully packing up Rosie's stuff. When Fred and George had returned just before the end of the lesson, he could hear the mumble of 'hospital wing' between them, Angelina and Lee.

Which is where Cedric was going directly after he gathered up Rosie's stuff. Luckily, he had a free period after the class, and so, instead of doing anything else, he would take Rosie's stuff back to her, and perhaps continue the conversation he had began with her before Moody had interrupted.

Luckily, the feeling of impending doom faded the further the distance became from Cedric to the classroom. And as he reached the Hospital Wing, he felt as if maybe it was all gone. 

"Mr Diggory, is something the matter?" Madame Pomfrey greeted him. The Hufflepuff boy was a somewhat regular patient of hers, after the four years he had been on the Quidditch team. 

"I was wondering if Rosie was in here?" Cedric replied, holding up her bags slightly. "Rosie Kersey?" He continued, and Madame Pomfrey nodded, stepping out of his way. 

"She's just on one of the beds by the window." Madame Pomfrey pointed her out, and Cedric entered, Rosie's bag swinging by his ankles. 

"Hey." He announced himself, and Rosie looked over to him, the pillow she was clutching over her chest threatening to fall to the floor. She smiled slightly, sitting up from her position on the bed. 

"Hey Cedric." Rosie replied, and glanced down at his hands, recognising her bag. "Oh, you brought me my stuff?" 

Cedric nodding, passing her it. Rosie tucked it by her feet, and tapped the bed next to where she was sitting. "Sorry if I scared you." She said softly, and Cedric was slightly surprised by just how gentle she appeared. 

In his eyes, Rosie was always the competition. A Gryffindor chaser, somewhat of an academic genius and the person he had to beat for the best scores in the class. She was the witty, sarcastic best friend of the Weasley twins. 

And he was almost certain that was how others tended to see her, going off anyone else's views on her. They had never become friends, but now Cedric was thinking maybe there was a possibility of them becoming so. 

"You didn't, don't worry." Cedric confirmed. "I think the only thing scaring anyone was what he was teaching us. Anyone would be shaken up." He shrugged, trying his best to make Rosie really not feel as if she caused any problems for anyone. 

"It was just so.. simple." She said, her gaze directed solely at the floor. Her eyes glazed over, and Cedric didn't know whether it was the beginnings of diamond-drop tears, or from staring. "They were doing those curses on the people at the cup. It could have happened to me." 

"I know it's no help now, but if you need to, my dad was a big part of helping clear that up. I'm pretty sure they got most of them- I can check." Cedric said, and Rosie blinked once, twice, then looked over at him, the corners of her lips turned up only slightly.

"Don't worry about it. Hopefully I won't need to experience any of that ever again." Rosie shrugged. "I just need to remember to take my medicine." She smiled slightly.

Cedric then noticed the rather large bottle of potion on the cabinet beside the bed, along with a plastic bottle. "Anxiety. It's something muggles diagnosed me with. I'm not sure what exactly happens, but I get these anxiety attacks."

"And seeing that set one off?" Cedric asked, and Rosie nodded, then sighed. "Is it certain things?" Cedric continued, looking to the girl. 

"It's more things.. connected to certain parts of my life. It's not social really.. just events. So what happened at the world cup." Rosie shrugged. "Stuff with my mum, a couple of things just seem to overwhelm me." 

"Yeah." Cedric nodded, looking over at the girl, who seemed to be gathering up her stuff. "Are you alright now?" He asked, standing up with her, and walking towards the exit of the Hospital Wing. 

"I think so. I should be. Just a little shocked." Rosie looked at him, smiling. Just as they were walking past Madame Pomfrey's office, the woman came out, holding a transluscent, blue bottle. 

"Don't take too much of them. Any of them. And only that one once a week. And don't mix this with either of those two." Madame Pomfrey instructed, pointing between the bottles, and Rosie took in the instructions, nodding. 

Cedric couldn't help but wonder what was in the blue bottle, as Rosie tucked the potions and tablets into her bag, the glass bottles clinking together. 

But alas, he wouldn't be able to ask, because as soon as Rosie exited the Hospital Wing, two red-haired twins, joined by Lee Jordan, appeared and dragged her away, laughing about something to do with Malfoy and a ferret.

So Cedric could only wonder, and smile at the memory of Rosie sheepishly waving back at him as she was dragged away without properly saying goodbye.