Chapter nineteen

Present

The moonlight and the windows of the trailer gave a dainty light as Oliver once more looked through branches of the newly sprung bush. He perceived Leah suppressed the truth from the guys, as the man wasn't just kind of tall and heavy.

From Oliver's perspective, the man seemed at least six feet and three inches tall. From the side view of the man, Oliver noticed the man owned an enormous belly, making him at least two hundred and fifty pounds.

A smaller shadowy figure came behind the big man and it took a moment for Oliver to understand that Mark left him alone in the hiding place. He halted for a minute and fled to catch up with his best friend.

Mark swung his baseball bat at the man's bald head as Oliver barely reached the forest clearing. The whistling of the man stopped as soon as he fell on the mossy forest ground.

"What the fuck?!" Oliver raised his voice. "You should've waited for me, Mark."

"It's done." Mark pointed to the guy lying on the ground.

"Did you kill him?" Oliver inspected the man.

"I don't know." Mark shrugged his shoulders.

"Let's just go find the girl." Oliver moved toward the trailer.

Mark followed his friend, still holding the bat in his left hand. Oliver halted suddenly as Leah appeared in front of him. Mark bumped into Oliver's back as he was glancing through his shoulder at the man lying on the ground.

"Oly, what the fuck?" Mark's cursing remained unheard by Oliver.

"You need to get the key from the guy!" Leah yelled, overshadowing Mark's hushed cursing.

"Keys?" Oliver knitted his eyebrows.

"They handcuffed her to the bathtub. The guy put the keys in his pants." Leah pointed to Diesel.

"What keys?" Mark echoed Oliver's question.

"Apparently we need to get keys from the guy's pocket."

"I'm not touching him." Mark lifted his palm in front of his chest as Oliver gawked at him. "I'm all up for the rescue, Oly. But the guy's, dick is out and I don't want to touch it by accident."

"Are you a fucking child, Mark?" Oliver scoffed and moved back to Diesel.

Diesel lay on the ground on his right side. His leg slightly parted and his hands in front of his stomach. His eyes remained closed, and no wounds were visible. The view surely wasn't good as the man's penis peaked from his unzipped brown pants.

Oliver scrunched his nose and bent down. Avoiding the unpleasant sense he first noticed the hub in the man's pants. Quickly, he slid his hand into the man's pocket, feeling the cold metal against his long fingers. He smiled as he avoided the unwanted contact and took out the keys. The rattling sound of alloy forced Mark to let out a silent chuckle as he proceeded to the trailer's entrance.

Mark held at the trailer's doorway as Oliver reached him, dangling the keys in front of his friend's green eyes. Mark half-smiled and the guys moved inside. The smell of tobacco blended with beer reached them as they looked around the small space. The living room and kitchen blended in one area that seemed stuffed with furniture and clothes laying on the ground.

The tv sound increased as the view changed and commercials popped up on the monitor. Oliver put his hand on his stomach and looked to the other side of the area. Leah appeared in front of the door on the right side of the trailer.

"She is in here!" Leah pointed at the door beside her.

Oliver patted Mark's shoulder, lifting his chin toward the closed door. Men proceeded further; Oliver shook the handle of a door. Men smirked at each other as the entrance easily cleared for them. The smiles faded quickly and shock took over their faces as a view of the girl emerged in their sight.