Scorpion

I swung my glaive, mowing down enemies. They kept coming. There were hundreds of them and only a dozen or so of us. We were the resistance. We fought for the people. For freedom.

The Hornet had been ruling for hundreds of years. No one remembered when he had ascended to power. He oppressed the people. Their voices were silenced. If any dared speak out against him, they were executed.

I had no past. No memories. I only knew about the past five years of my life. Before that... a blank. A void. A gaping hole.

I had to concentrate on the battle. It was tough. A battleax grazed my cheek. An arrow hit my chestplate. Every monster that I killed, another three took its place. It was a hopeless battle. Still, I kept going. The Hornet was at this battle. He watched silently from above, waiting. For what, no one knew. But he was there. And he waited.

My mission was straightforward, but difficult: Kill the Hornet. I pushed through the enemy. I was nearly there. So close.

Seconds, minutes, hours later, I reached the Hornet.

"Hello, sister."

I nearly fell over. "I'm not your sister!"

"Oh, but you are. Don't you remember the hours we used to spend together, imagining being rulers of the world? My little sister Lillith. We can share the world."

The memories came rushing back. My name was Lillith, not Sara. I was part of the Periculum clan. Rulers. Masters. Lords. The rebels had brainwashed me. Made me forget my history, my family. My future.

"The choice is yours. Join me, sister, and live as emperors, or die with the rebels that stole you away." He extended a gloved hand.

I took it without question. The world better watch out. They haven't met the Scorpion.