seventeen

ʚ Avenger ɞ

Out cold and motionless

Sakura and Misa bring the boys to safety somewhere deep in the wilderness. They lay them to rest on the ground. Misa cups the side of Sasuke's face, he was burning up. When unconscious, he is still wincing from the pain of his neck. She gently tucks down the collar of his shirt—it revealed three comas. "What is that?" Sakura asked with knitted brows. Misa makes the same look "I-I don't know." She muttered.

That atrocious moment flickered through her mind. The snake Sannin's cryptic appearance leaves to many questions. Misa can't assimilate theories as to why he is after them. More specifically, Sasuke. "Misa-chan." Sakura's voice interrupted her trade of thought. "W-What is it, Sakura-san?" The ebony-haired girl responded. Her friend's face expresses dismal. "Do you think they'll be alright?" She referred to their sleeping teammates.

Misa looks at them again, they'll eventually wake up—she predicts. Sakura felt her hand gets connected with warming comfort. She sees that Misa is giving her a reassuring smile. "D-Don't worry. I b-believe they will." The shy girl soothes Sakura's worries and it helped. She went back to notice the wound on Sasuke's leg where he stabbed it. Performing hand signs, a green glowing chakra becomes visible to the eyes and she heals the wound. "You're amazing, Misa-chan. I wished I was strong and talented like you." Sakura kindly compliments. Misa can tell the pink-haired kunoichi was having some doubts about herself. She sighs, she doesn't want her to think she isn't worth being a shinobi.

"I think you already strong and talented," Misa admits to Sakura. Her mint green eyes widen "You think so?" She wondered. Misa's face beams "Absolutely. It takes a lot of effort to maintain your shinobi life but I believe you'll be one of the best ones in the future." She foresees that Sakura will become a beautiful and determined lady. The kunoichi's blue facial expression changes to elated. "Arigatou, Misa-chan. You have a pure heart." She appreciates the Akiyama.

After healing the wound, the girls are exhausted. This second task has a time limit and unsure if they are even able to manage their way to the next destination. But they mustn't let their guard down.

Sakura and Misa continue with their conversation. "Do you know anything about Orochimaru?" Sakura asked. They're slowly picking up them name more often. Misa nods her head and speaks. "H-Hai. H-He is one of the Legendary Sannins. A Sannin is a master, for the skills and prowess that they adapted in their own shinobi knowledge. B-But many years ago, Orochimaru became a rogue but I don't know the reason to his actions. Wistfully, the Sannins are nowhere to be seen to this day. H-However, i-it doesn't explain the fact why we encountered him now."

Misa finished summarizing bits that she knows about the Snake Sannin. Sakura was engrossed to know more. The pink-haired girl replies "I just hope there won't be any funny business associated with Sasuke-kun." She briefly sighs. Misa agreed on her. Abruptly, the bushes made a noise. It alerts the two and they have out their kunai knives. Slowly moves their bodies to see...a squirrel. All that build-up was a relief. Misa smiles at the cute animal as it hops its way over to them. She scratches the squirrel by the head but stops and gasps. The girl noticed a paper bomb on its back. She removes it from the squirrel, and throws it off into a far distance to explode. They watch the animal run away freely.