PROLOGUE

prologue

prologue

the water and earth god slayer

RIVER NIKITA DRAGNEEL is a god slayer. He is something extraordinary. A water and earth god slayer - a type of lost magic that's unknown and obliterated from the history of the world. He was raised by his adoptive parents, Posideon, god of the sea, and Gaia, goddess of the earth.

He occupied his time with controlling his powers, weaponry, combat, reading, and music. When he's not training on a regular basis, River usually spends his time going for a late-night swim in the ocean or in the pool in his father's kingdom or going surfboarding to calm his mind, his father Posideon would show him how to channel his water god slaying magic.

Sometimes, to stay in touch with his nature side, River would go for a walk in the woods with his mother, Gaia, and he would practice his earth god slaying magic with her and Mother Nature would guide him.

Zeus, Posideon, and Gaia, along with all the other gods and goddesses agreed to throw a party on Mount Olympus for River as his sixteenth party was approaching and how far he's come as a young warrior. The party was in full swing until it was ruined by Hades, God of the Underworld, and River's two exes, Blake Tola and Weston Xenides.

River's parents and Zeus gave them a final warning to leave or they would face the consequences. However, they refused and tried manipulating River to join them in overthrowing Zeus and his father, but River said no and stood his ground and fought them.

When the battle was over, his parents sent a letter to Master Makarov, the guild master of Fairy Tail, to look after their son, they sent him away to Earthland for his safety and he reunited with his brother, Natsu Dragneel.

By the age of seventeen, River believed that he could put his skills to use. He would continue and make his parents proud.