A Word Called 'Love'

"Welcome, Mr. Harrison – welcome." An old man – maybe in his late seventies – welcomed Marcus with open arms. Marcus handed Kathie to me and hugged the old guy back. After a brief moment, they broke the hug. The old turned towards Cassandra and held his hand out for a handshake, "Oh – Miss Fred, it is so nice to see you too." He offered her a smile.

"It's nice to see you too, Mr. Samson." She greeted back.

"Call me Earl." He said.

"Call me Cassandra." She chuckled.

Earl nodded, "Fair enough." He chuckled as well. He then shifted his gaze towards and smiled, "And who is this young lady?" he questioned while still looking at me.

"She is Charlotte McGill – my daughter's nanny." Marcus introduced me.

I offered Mr. Samson a small smile and held my hand out for a handshake, "It is very nice to meet you, Mr. Samson." I greeted.

Mr. Samson grinned and shook hands with me, "Likewise, dear." He said, "Oh – and call me Earl." He added.

"Marcus Harrison." A masculine voice said, "I am glad you could make it." A man – may be in his late forties with a woman beside him, approached towards us. They stopped right in front of Marcus and held his hand out for a handshake.

Marcus firmly shook hand with him and nodded his head, "It's nice to be here, Drake." He replied.

Drake offered Marcus a small smile, "This is my wife, Victoria." He introduced the woman to Marcus. Marcus offered her a small smile and shook hands with her as well.

She grinned, "It is so good to have you here, Marcus." Victoria said.

While her husband was talking to Cassandra – I couldn't help but, notice that she took a chance and traced her finger on Marcus's forearm. Marcus frowned and pulled his hand away from the cunning lady and shoved his hand into his pocket. I was speechless – she is a married woman and she's hitting on a man who is younger than her and also her husband is standing hardly a few feet away. Victoria looked like a typical rich snob – she didn't look old than forty with lots of makeup on her and fake tan. Victoria looked a little taken back. Maybe it was the first time someone has rejected her.

She smiled awkwardly before shifting her gaze towards me, "Oh hello – I didn't see you there." How could you? You were busy flirting with my boss, I thought. "And you are?" she asked me with a small fake smile while holding her hand out for a handshake.

I returned her fake smile, "I am Charlotte McGill. I am Kathryn's nanny." I introduced myself which looking at Kathie who was looking around.

Before I could shake hand with her – she withdrew her hand away, "Oh." She looked displeased. She then turned to face Marcus and faked a chuckle, "You didn't have to bring help along with you. We have many employees that could have looked after your daughter." She said while glancing towards Kathryn. Her words were like a blow to my gut. Suddenly all the eyes were on us – I gulped and awkwardly shifted from one leg to another. "Anyways, now that you are here –" Victoria continued. "There is a waiting room for all the employees that come along with our guests. Our maid will show you the way." Victoria added. I was speechless – I have never felt more downgraded before in my life.

I glanced towards Cassandra who was frowning and Earl was shaking his head. I shifted my eyes towards Marcus to see him staring Victoria – no one said anything to her so I nodded my head, "Sure." I felt an urge to cry – I felt humiliated. I cleared my throat and looked towards Marcus, "Uh – you want me to take Kathie with me or you'll take her with you?" I questioned Marcus – who was still staring at smiling Victoria.