17

(Age 24, District Thirteen, Couldn't decide on one image for this chapter so I included a couple)

A can rolling...

I whipped my head in the direction before I started coughing up half a lung. Gas. We were being gassed. I already heard Peta and Johanna coughing but I couldn't see them. Hell! I couldn't see anything! Is this how I'd go? Not in some arena but gassed in a cell below the tribute centre? 

I groggily lifted my head to find a pair of intimidating grey eyes staring down at me. "You're safe".

I snorted "I'm never safe". 

It was the last thing I remebered before a pair of arms scooped me up and started running. 

I woke to someone stroking my head and I looked up to see Johanna smirking down at me. She chuckled. "You've looked better"

I rose an eyebrow at her. "Says you.". I looked around me in panic as soliders dressed in black stared at us. I gulped. "Where are we?"

The soilder who picked me up from my cell grunted and stared at the two of us. "On a hovercraft to District Thirteen".

huh. District Thirteen? I didn't want to go to District Thirteen. Not if he's there. I stared directly at the grey eyed soilder in panic. "Drop me off at Ten".

Johanna paused mid stroke and gave me a warning look, to which I ignored.  The soilder shook his head at me. "We've already passed District Ten. You'll be save in District Thirteen".

No. No I fucking won't be. I turned to Johanna who was looking at me with pity?. We don't pity eachother. I glared at her a little. "I'm not staying there".

She sighed down at me in frustration. "Lyra. We'll be safe there. You trust me don't you?"

I bit my lip and nodded. Johanna gave me a nod. The same type of nod she gave me in the arena after she killed Cashmere. The same nod she gave me everytime one of us was about to be toutured. The nod that means I've got you're back.