CHAPTER 43

Saya is currently getting ready but for some reason she is second guessing her decision to go for the celebration.

"What is it?" Xerxes asks from behind her, kissing her cheek. Saya turns around facing him,

"Is it okay if I sit this one out?"

He frowns at her, what is wrong now? Saya feels a bit insecure about her body. Sure it's because she's pregnant, but she can't help but feel less attractive than ever! There will be a lot of noble women coming, probably struggling to get his or King Stephan's attention, and her hormones have made her too emotional, she doesn't know if she can withstand such a situation.

"Why?"

"I just feel like I might be in your way. I am becoming a bit slower, and besides, there are...other women that-"

"Don't complete that statement," he warns, looking at her sternly.

What more can he do to show this woman that he only has eyes for her? They're having a baby together, he proposed to her, he's never been with another woman since her, and she still feels...this way?

Saya shakes her head. "I'll go, it's okay," she says moving past him. The princess puts on a blue dress she designed. As usual, it is strapless, but flows down, with forget-me-not flowers all over the ends. She combs her hair out, then makes a side part, braiding the little section back a bit, then uses her blue flower pins to hold it in place. When she's done she smiles a bit, but can't seem to get herself together. She stands up from the dresser facing Xerxes, who is trailing his eyes over her. She blushes a bit moving to him to adjust his top. He's wearing the blue one she designed for him...she couldn't be happier. Xerxes grabs her waist pulling her against him.

"The celebrations can wait," he whispers in her ear, giving her the one hundred percent confidence boost she needs. She smiles kissing his cheek.

"We don't want to be late," she whispers back, making him groan.

"Let's go," Saya chuckles taking his hand, but he removes it, wrapping his arm around her waist, pulling her close to his side. "Men will need to know their place," he says, looking like he's about to kill someone.

"My love, I am heavily pregnant,and as round as an egg, every man will know to stay away,"

"It doesn't matter."

They walk out and head towards the throne room. The music, and people talking can already be heard from the stairs. When they arrive, people make way for them. Saya courteously bows her head to the people greeting her. Xerxes takes a seat next to his brother, who is sitting in the middle, after he's ensured Saya has sat down on the seat next to him.

The throne room is filled with a lot of people and a long table that only seat nobles, this is not a room, it's a large hall! Noblewomen and men are seated, laughing, discussing, eating, drinking, and enjoying themselves

The throne room is filled with a lot of people and a long table that only seat nobles, this is not a room, it's a large hall! Noblewomen and men are seated, laughing, discussing, eating, drinking, and enjoying themselves. Saya looks around at the number of people gathered, and at the beautiful red and golden decorations that fill the hall. People also come up to pay their respects to Xerxes and Stephan, as they join the celebrations.