[10] ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ʙᴀɴɢᴇʀ

DURING THE COURSE OF THE WEEK, I sat beside myself; contemplating this new revelation of mine

I like Eric.

One rule. One damn rule, I couldn't hold up too.

I spoke to Bella about my situation and she said that I'm overthinking the situation—she was right but that's one of my flaws, I think too much about trivial affairs but this was not an insignificant matter. I didn't tell her about the agreement because she might blow a fuse and ruin her new connection to Eric.

Liking Eric changes the whole agreement, there was to be no emotional factors whatsoever but that Sunday night when Eric called me at the beach, he said 'I miss you.' Is that not an emotional factor? What if Eric is starting to like me as I am for him?

I wish I could just ask him bluntly but I can't because I don't want to ruin what's between us.

Whatever is between us that is.

I was not looking for anything at all, I didn't plan on falling for him but then we met at a foolish party and the attraction was too much for me to pass up and now here I am sitting on a chair in a doctor's room waiting for my results.

I went to my gynecologist to ask her if I could go on birth control since Eric said that, 'I hate the damn fuckers.' He was talking about the condoms and to be honest, I too hated them—ever since Eric pointed it out and also I kind of wanted to feel him properly.

I sound like a horny teenager. You are, my subconscious says.

She's right.

***

After I got the 'go' from the Doctor, she said that I should refrain from any unprotected sex for a week—which wasn't a problem because Eric was out of the state; no sex for a week.

I called Artem to see if he wanted to hang-out and he was glad I asked because he was bored just like me.

***

"So any special someone back home?" I ask Artem as we stroll down the park, eating ice-cream.

"You're a nosey little chit," he says in his notable British accent. "Yes, no. Eh, it's complicated."

"How?"

"She wants different things then I. She wants me to live in London with her but I'm not the kind of guy to be tied down now, you know?" Artem looks at my questioning expression, waiting for him to elaborate. "What I mean is that I want to explore the world. Yes, Liliana I did explore the world but what I want to do means staying in certain places for a year or so. I want someone who is willing to travel with me to and fro."

"I get it. At first I didn't want to go anywhere; I wanted to stay somewhere familiar but then I moved here and my perspective changed." It was true, everything I've ever wanted changed because of Eric—I wanted to be myself, my true self and find my way on this earth.