11 / Epilogue

It had been a year and a half since Keith bought the apartment, a year and a half since Keith had last spoken to his mom.

His dad had reached out to him, he still didn't accept Keith, but he apologized for what happened. When Keith went later that week after the final argument, Keith's mom just stood at the front door and pointed to all of Keith's things which were out on the driveway ready to be picked up. his father, however, had waited until his wife had gone back into the house and he went to see his son.

Keith and his father didn't talk much, but at Christmas and on his birthday he contacted him.

Lance's family still went to church regularly and his father was still the pastor. Keith would go with them sometimes, but he wasn't a regular attendant which everyone in the family was okay with. They understood why Keith wasn't always wanting to go, especially since his parents still went to the church.

He was also busy with work and wasn't always able to go to work. He was now working at a daycare centre for "troubled" kids. He liked being able to help out kids who were in a similar situation as he was.

It was Keith's birthday and he'd just gotten off the phone with his dad, it wasn't a long conversation, but it was enough for Keith. Still not as long as he'd hoped for, but it was longer than the last phone call.

Keith was pulled out of his thoughts about his parents when he heard a knock at the door.

"Coming." Keith called out as he walked to the door of the apartment. He lived in the same one he bought last year, he had a five-year lease but the apartment.

Keith opened the door and smiled when he saw Lance with the first box he was bringing today. Lance and Keith had been talking about it for the last few months and had finally decided that they were ready for that step.

"Happy birthday." Lance smiled at Keith

Keith smiled and took the box from Lance, setting it down on the floor. He smiled and hugged Lance, "Thank you."

Lance pulled back from the hug first and smiled at Keith, "I have more boxes to bring, some of them are in the car. I just thought I'd have that fun movie moment with one box that isn't really holding much."

Keith laughed at Lance's explanation of his reasoning for one box. Keith picked up Lance's solo box and walked it into the room they'd be sharing.

Rather than his twin bed that he used to have, he had bought a queen bed not long ago. His previous one was old and had some weird lumps, so he needed a new one anyway. Lance moving in was just the cherry on top of why he needed to get the new bed.

Unknowingly to him, Lance had followed him into the room which caused him to jump a bit when he felt Lance's hand wrap around his waist to hug him from behind. Lance rested his chin on Keith's shoulder.

"You're jumpy." Lance chuckled lightly, slightly tightening his grip on Keith in a comforting way.

"I'm not jumpy. You just scared me."

Lance put his head back and laughed loudly, "That's the definition of jumpy." During his laughing fit, Keith had turned around to face Lance. He cupped Lance's cheeks and kissed Lance in an attempt to get him to stop laughing.

This of course didn't work because now Lance was just laughing into Keith's mouth which was a very strange feeling.

Keith pulled away and made a face, his nose scrunched up to try to get across his disgust with the feeling he just had. Lance laughed and let go of Keith.

"C'mon, we gotta get the other boxes."

After a few hours of moving boxes up, and most of the day spent messing around and stealing kissing from the unsuspecting partners, they'd finally moved up and unpacked some of the boxes. The necessities were unpacked like hygienic things and some clothes, the rest which consisted of books and other things which just aided in hobbies were left for a later date.

Lance and Keith sat at a table across from each other, it was later in the evening than they'd planned to have finished moving everything up by, but they were happy either way.

Lance was sipping on his peppermint tea while Kieth was slowly drinking his coffee.

"I don't get why you drink coffee at night, how do you even sleep?" Lance set his tea down. It still hadn't fully hit him that he and Keith were living together. He'd stayed the night before and it just felt like another one of those nights. He had the excitement of a little kid sleeping over at their friend's house for the first time.

"I don't care about sleep, I just need the energy." Keith replied quickly as he took another sip form his coffee. One other thing Lance didn't understand was how Keith drank black coffee, it was much too bitter for Lance's liking.

"But it's night, what do you need energy for?"

Keith didn't answer, but he raised his eyebrows suggestively at Lance who shook his head.

"You're nasty."

"No really, coffee doesn't affect me at night." Keith explained, "I think I'm immune to caffeine."

Lance sighed, "Then stop drinking it."

He didn't know what he was expecting Keith's response to be, but he didn't expect to see Keith look as offended at the idea of giving up coffee as he did.

"Never." Keith replied then promptly chugged the rest of his coffee. Lance was slower with his drink, he sipped it like you're supposed to sip an evening tea.

"I'm going to get ready for bed, come in when you're ready." Keith explained, he put his cup in the sink, he'd wash it tomorrow. As he walked around the table, he put his hand on Lance's shoulder comfortingly and then left the kitchen to their bedroom.

Lance still had a quarter of his tea left, but he decided that Keith was more important than the tea. He took his teabag out and put it in the trashcan and put his cup next to Keith's, the handles touching each other.

Lance walked over to the bedroom and saw Keith laying in the bed on his phone. Lance smiled as he thought about the fact that he could see this every night now, every night he and Keith could get to fall asleep next to each other.

Keith looked away from his phone and smiled at Lance, he pulled the covers down on Lance's side of the bed, which he always made very clear was the right side. Lance walked over, stripping himself down into just his underwear as he did, Keith always slept in sweatpants with no shirt, Lance couldn't sleep with pants on. He hated how they bunched up and when he woke up, somehow they'd always be at his thighs like shorts rather than pants.

Keith put his phone on the nightstand beside him and rolled over so he'd be facing Lance when he laid down.

"Hi."

Lance chuckled at Keith, "Hi." The pair were silent for a bit, both were just staring at each other in the silence, "I still can't believe that I get to be here every night. With you."

Keith nodded, "It's a good birthday present."

-----

Well, this is the end of the book. I had a lot of fun writing this and loved the support that I got from you all.

I will be writing more fics on here. Maybe not all Klance but definitely more fics.

I hope you all enjoyed this with me.
Nate.