Chaos at Coffin

(Theseus Attucks)

"Fucking hell," I muttered.

The abandoned building, nicknamed Coffin Building, or just Coffin, was surrounded by an army. There were a lot of police officers here, but there were also a lot of heroes, mercenaries, guild combatants, and even a few vigilantes. It's good to see so many people eager to put a stop to Night Reaper, but at the same time, this was complete and utter madness. Seriously, does everyone think that they're going to be the one to catch Night Reaper? Such bull shit. I gathered my SWAT team in a circle and had Preston lay out some information.

"Night Reaper was spotted by mercenaries half an hour ago," Preston informed me. "Reaper was chased into Coffin, but the mercenaries didn't enter due to the tight spaces making it difficult to fight an agile monster."

"I didn't know there were mercenaries that had a brainstem." I snorted. "What are the telepaths saying?"

"They're saying he's hidden on the tenth floor, mid-way up. They're trying to psychically attack him to limit his abilities, but he's starting to resist the effects. Furthermore, the presence of so many people is causing interference and making it harder for the telepaths to work."

"Please tell me the GA's going to terminate the reward soon and all these bastards will leave."

"Actually, the GA raised the reward to four million despars."

"What! Why would she do that?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Rigel)

"After the revelation that Night Reaper was working for Tezcatlipoca, I was instructed to raise the reward," I said.

"But there are so many people gathered." Malak pointed to the television. "How are we going to divide the reward?"

"We aren't. I had Manitou announce on the police radio channel that whomever physically subdues Night Reaper and gets him arrested will get the reward money. At first, only mercenaries and build combatants could get the reward, but now the rules have changed, so heroes, police officers, and even civilians can claim the reward."

"Uh...."

"Spit it out, Malak." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't mean to question authority, but something tells me that things could go horribly wrong."

"Grab a seat and have some popcorn." I smiled. "The entertainment's about to start."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Theseus Attucks)

"Screw the governing angel," I snorted. "Prepare to sweep the building. If you see Night Reaper, use deadly force."

"But Theseus," Preston said, "We were told to bring Night Reaper in alive, and shouldn't we bring a hero along with us? Or at least back up?"

"We don't have time. This crowd is full of people who will do anything to get that reward. Any moment now, they'll turn on each other and cause a riot. If that happens, Night Reaper could use it as a cover to escape, and if that happens, the body count will grow. I'm done letting monsters do what they want. When we find Reaper we kill him on-sight, and we're not going to let another individual or party interfere. I'll take full responsibility for his death, just make sure he's actually dead."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Inari Okami)