verse fourteen

When I arrived back at the apartment, Audrey kept questioning me about what happened. I explained everything to her, that Moonlight's dead and that I have wounds on my back and hands, and that I woke up in Damon's dungeon. 

I just don't tell her that Moonlight is still alive.

I trust her, I do, but you never know when it slips her mind that nobody knows that he's alive, and she might tell everyone without realizing it. She looks at me with sympathy.

"I feel so bad for you," she says. I smile sadly at her. "I'm better now."

She looks like she's considering something.

"I have an idea!" she says enthusiastically. Oh no.

Her ideas are never good. "Let's go out tonight! You can forget about everything," she says with a hopeful look in the eyes.

What could happen?

"Okay."

I'm standing in front of a club with Steve, Daphne, and Audrey

I'm standing in front of a club with Steve, Daphne, and Audrey. When I agreed to go clubbing with her, she immediately called Steve and told them her plan.

He instantly agreed and said he would call Daphne. When we enter the club, the smell of alcohol and sweat hits my nose.

Audrey squeals and points with her finger to some Souls that are standing by the bar. I smile at her enthusiasm, but when my eyes follow her finger and lay eyes on Celine, my smile fades. 

Next to her are Margot, Thomas, and Brett. We walk up to them and greet everyone.

Celine hugs Daphne, but when she turns to Audrey and me, her smile fades and her eyes narrow to slits. She only gives us a nod before she throws her blonde hair over her shoulder and goes back to Thomas and Brett.

Margot gives us all a hug, and when her arms wrap around me, she squeezes me.

"Glad you're here," she mutters in my hair. I smile and tell her how beautiful she looks. While Celine, Margot, Audrey, and Steve are dancing on the dance floor, the rest of us takes a seat in a booth, watching the other Souls grind into each other and get horny.

"We saw you yesterday," Thomas suddenly says. I stiffen. Are they talking about what happened at the Ork?

Of course, you dumbass! Where else could they have seen you?

"Yeah! It was awesome how you protected that wolf," Brett says, and he turns to Thomas, talking about the events that happened yesterday.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Daphne says with a sympathetic look. I shrug.

Realizing I don't want to talk about it, she starts talking with the other two Souls, and soon Thomas gets up to get us drinks.

By the time Thomas arrives with the drinks, Margot and Audrey are sitting with us in the booth, breathless from all the dancing. Thomas hands us all the drinks and offers me a red cup.