23| Senapathi Satya

|Chapter- 23|

***

When your strength becomes your weaknesses, that is when your downfall begins. Raghuveer's mother was hitting the bottom of that disastrous downfall, she had loved his father to an extent that she had no more life left in her living body. 

The news of his father's diminishing health got Raghuveer's heart heavy,  his father Vimaldas is finally leaving this world taking away the last ounce of sanity his mother had been living with. Knots of tension formed in his neck muscles reckoning the plight of his mother, all these years, all these days he was able to force the medications on his mother baiting her with the empty hopes of her husband's love. But how will he help his mother now? How will he save her from losing her sanity in this trap of love?

The bright morning rays burned his skin as they rode on their horses through the empty routes of their central capital of the empire. The capital village was always heavily packed with merchants and customers, trading and buying numerous eye-catching merchandise, but now the narrow dirty street was closed for today as two royal princes were passing by it.

Sagara kingdom had strict principles and beliefs, with one of them being that all their wealth should only be utilized for the welfare of their citizens. To implement these rules at perfection, all the empire's valuables were only available at this market, and the Sagara kingdoms Devbala Pearls were specifically known for their unique shine and radiance attracting every trader of from different parts of the world.

Devbala pearls were found in abundance but that state of abundance is only restricted to the Sagara empire's sea making it rare for the rest of the world

Devbala pearls were found in abundance but that state of abundance is only restricted to the Sagara empire's sea making it rare for the rest of the world. The sales of these pearls has always been reaching the sky with its demand. But what angered Raghuveer was that, even after such immense creation of wealth, major parts of their kingdom still lived in poverty.

A strong wave of hot wind knocked him making him curse the weather, he was so used to the cool and pleasant breeze of the trees around his house that this heat felt unbearable yet, he could not complain. He has to reach the fort as quickly as possible.

The huge iron gates of the palace were pulled open as a soldier announced the arrival of the royal princes. There were exactly three layers of entering gates around the castle, their ancestors have thought about every possible way of securing the royal palace with strong security and confusing entrances for any alien enemy.

That immediate second Raghuveer's horse passed the first gate of palace he could feel the emptiness in this royal air. The soil of the palace rose up in the air as the horses ran at the speed of light and a royal chariot trailing right behind them.  The raising soil reminded him of the moments of his torturous childhood, how his day never passed without trying to impress his father or by taking care of his mother. Maybe, the soil has the capacity to hold memories of people passing by these lands, after all the earthly soil is the only thing which is left over after the demise of a man.