I

[ photo by Surafin in DeviantArt ]
[ i don't own the characters in the story. The plot is a product of my sinful imagination]

legend: 'thinking' , "talking"

Present day

Naruto was suddenly awoken by a delicious scent of ramen. He moved his head to the side to sniff the scent, and squinted an eye open. Even with his vision still blurry, he noticed how the room was still dark to indicate that it was still night-time.

Naruto shifted his line of sight to the glimmer of light coming in from the partially opened door.

'Why is Hinata cooking ramen this late at night anyway, or is it already morning?' he wondered.

The man, now in his early 30s, slowly got up from the bed and lazily marched to the toilet to pee. He was still feeling drained from reviewing all the mission reports and mission requests last night till midnight.

Shikamaru had been bugging him about taking a day off because he apparently now look like a "zombie". But he couldn't afford missing a day and just end up doubling the burden on the Nara genius. So he helped himself to a box of documents to work from home.

After he finished relieving himself and washed his hands, he went back to the bed and snuggled himself on the pillow.

'Hmmm, was our bed always this comfy? When did I even got here in our bedroom anyway?'

He remembered dozing off on the couch downstairs in his office.

He was beginning to be lulled back to sleep by the sound of waves washing ashore from afar. The feel of cool ocean breeze blowing through the window that's so comforting...

'...wait, waves washing ashore? Cool ocean breeze?'

Naruto shot up from the bed and looked around for a window. When he found one, he hastily looked out of the window almost falling over. He pulled himself back and adjusted his eyesight.

'What the! When did we have a beachfront!' his jaw dropped open from the mix of surprise and confusion that overwhelmed him.

The blonde immediately scanned the bedroom to look for clues of what was happening. He noticed a lone framed photo on top of the bedside table. He walked towards it and picked it up to take a closer look.

More and more questions started to form in his mind as he placed the picture of Team 7 back on the table.

'Why would Hinata put a photo of team 7 on our bedside and not our family photo?'

'Did we move out? When?' He asked to himself confused.

'Why wasn't I aware of it? But I remembered walking home from the Hokage Tower' he questioned.

The delicious smell of ramen invaded his nostrils again. So he slowly went out of the room to investigate.

Naruto cautiously walked towards the light coming from what he assumed is the kitchen. When he reached the entrance into the kitchen, there stood a man with raven-black hair and pale skin.

This man was wearing a black t-shirt and gray colored pants. The back of the man was facing towards Naruto, therefore he couldn't recognized who is it right away. The mysterious man appear to be cooking something, coincidently his favorite meal...miso ramen.

As Naruto continued to examine the man, realization came over him...

"Sasuke."

【Is it any good that you'd like to read the next chapter? -hyde】