VI

Genin Days : Look What You've Done

The blinding light that had previously engulfed them has now dissipated.

Naruto is on the ground lying unconscious. Sasuke's standing a few feet from him.

The fulgent sun peeked from behind the clouds illuminating the two boys.

Sasuke stared down at Naruto while his hitai-ate loosened and fell to the ground.

'I'm sorry', Sasuke said in his head.

It started to rain.

Sasuke felt a sharp pain sent to his arm. He fell down to his hands and knees.

"I'm sorry", he sincerely apologized.

• • • • • • • • • •

"You really continue to exceed my expectations."

"Skip the chatter. Take the Uchiha, take him away from here as far as possible."

"I don't know. A more valuable specimen has suddenly presented itself. An Uzumaki jinchuriki could yield--"

"Don't--even think about it", his sharingan swirls.

The pale man laughs in amusement.

~ Flashback ~

Naruto fell off the tree with a loud thud.

"Naruto! Are you alright!?" Kakashi hurried to pick up the blond.

"Ack, ack! My eyes, my eyes! Something got into my eyes!" Naruto shouted.

"Stay still, I'll try to blow the dirt out of your eyes". Kakashi leaned closer and grabbed Naruto's chin.

Naruto continued to flail around.

"I said stay still," he continued blowing.

- - -

"Ah. I think my eyes are fine now, sensei." the blond grabbed his sensei's arm. "I also sense Sasuke getting near. I think he's done with his training. We're thinking about grabbing some ramen on the--"

"No, stay still.There's still dirt in your eyes." Kakashi held Naruto's face firmly."

~ end of flashback ~

"I didn't know you had something like this in you, Hatake."

• • • • • • • • • •

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

The sound of the heart monitor echoed around the white walls of the hospital room.

A silver-haired man stood there looking down at the blond...lying at the bed so peacefully. As if the man hadn't just found the boy last night looking almost lifeless.

'This is your fault! You useless, pathetic excuse of a---', the jounin's thoughts put at an abrupt stop, as a hand was placed in his shoulder.

"Go home, Kakashi. Get a rest, you have been here since 3 days ago", the lady Hokage said. "That's an order."

"Is he gonna be okay?", the jounin asked. His sight not leaving Naruto.

"The kyuubi took care most of the critical damage. So he would be alright. He just needs to rest here for a few days maybe weeks so I can observe him." Tsunade informed.