Chapter 7

Selfish or True

My heart raced as I looked at his lustful smile

My heart raced as I looked at his lustful smile. He was a predator a merciful monster. He was a predator with a plan. He watched my mother and he watched me grow. I was only fourteen when he pulled me into this life. I was only a child and yet he still stole everything.

"no." I was hardly able to whisper beneath my breath. "what?" He growled loudly ripping my hair back with his fist. "Speak louder." He spat out raising his hand to backhand me.

"No."

He sighed putting his hand in his pockets. Walking like a lion stalking its way to his prey. "very well, I was going to be generous and let you stand by my side. But it would seem you would rather let your family's lives hang on a single thread." He smirked before sitting in his seat. "I will reoffer the deal if you are successful but if you don't... well." He shook his head chuckling dryly. "you will know you had your chance."

I had my chance.

"was that all you wanted to discuss with me, boss?" I wanted to get out of this room fast. The burning pain in my lungs felt like my body was soaring with fire. "No, it wasn't, I have a little mission for you and your sidekick to do tonight." My head raced to object and I had to bite my tongue as I dropped my eyebrows.

"There is a certain deal tonight between your father and a man called Kai wang. He is a businessman who is looking to expand his company. But he is only a little worthless soul who owes me a lot of money." I listened to the information carefully. My heart raced as I heard my father's name. I thought he was in Mexico doing work but I guess he had to come home for a deal. I scrolled through the background information letting every single detail sink in. Kai wang was a son from one of the most successful richest families in all of China. His parents are respected by all and have done a lot of charity work. He has two younger brothers and a little sister. A pain forced it's way into my chest as I now felt like I was breaking apart a family. He was incredibly spoilt and had a large history of party scandals and drub abuse. But did he deserve death? He was my brother's age and I couldn't even imagine what I would do if something happened to them.

"What did you want me to do?" My chair was spun around and I looked directly into Tony's dark brown eyes.

"you are going to kill him." I ignored all of my thoughts and had to sink any humanity I had. "now please excuse yourself and consider tonight a break from your little ghostly manhunt." I folded my hands into fists as I sunk myself into anguish. He knew that I hadn't found anything about Blaze. He probably also knew I was up through day and night tearing myself apart trying to find this Blaze.

He wanted me to suffer.

I shuffled my mask back on sliding my hood up to cover the rest of my face and hair. "what do you want me to do with his body?" His eyes brightened with joy like a child does on a Christmas morning.