15 | Self-Sabotage

Y/N
_

"THERE'S SOMEONE I WANT YOU TO MEET" Louis said, snatching up my hand.

I had barely even gotten through the right side of the proscenium, before I was already starting to be dragged away. Caleb just gave me a look, and returned back to his painting.

I could tell he was disappointed about our conversation earlier, and I was too. 

"What?" I said, trudging behind my boyfriend, "I have work to finish, Louis."

"Work can wait."

"It really can't, but—" 

I froze up when I saw who he was leading me to.

Nora was pacing around the stage, her nose tucked into her script like a picture-perfect Pinterest photo of a girl with a book. She was like a book model. Gosh, I was so jealous.

"Louis, I don't want to meet her," I mumbled, pulling my hand out of his.

The boy scrunched his nose, "why not?"

"Because she..." I began to explain, but I stopped myself. I couldn't tell him I was jealous, because then he'd think I didn't trust him. And I did trust him, I just didn't trust her. I don't even know if I wanted to pretend I liked her! I needed to sort out my priorities. 

"Never mind," I said, giving in to make Louis happy, "I'll go meet her."

"Yes!"

I wish he wasn't so excited, because I was definitely not. As we approached the girl, she looked up from her script and flashed us a big pearly, white smile. Dang it, even her teeth were perfect.

"Nora, this is [y/n]," Louis smiled, coming to a stop in front of her, "she's my girlfriend I was telling you about."

Oh.

So she knew Louis and I were dating. That brought me a little hope, but that inching overthinking part of me was prying into my mind. Some people don't care if you're in a relationship before they try to take your partner. Maybe she was one of those people.

"Nice to meet you, [y/n]," Nora said, sticking out her hand, "I've heard a lot about you."

She didn't seem suspicious.

"All good things, I hope," I laughed nervously.

"The best," she smiled, "I heard you were the stage manager's assistant."

"I heard you were Juliet."

"And now we're finally hearing each other."

"Yeah...we are."

She paused, looking me up and down, before something lit up in her eyes. I didn't know what ti was, but I was on my guard for whatever she would throw my way.

"You know," she beamed, "you actually remind me of Bethany."

I pursed my lips, "who's Bethany?"

"Oh," Louis cut in, nodding his head, "Bethany's Nora's girlfriend."

What?

"Girlfriend?" I said, frozen in place.

Now I felt like the biggest jerk ever.

I didn't even know her, and yet I was judging her just for talking to her cast mate. I needed to stop doing this to myself! I overthink, and overthink, and in the end I end up humiliating myself.

"Three years and counting," Nora laughed, before glancing at my pale face, "are you okay?"

I was so shocked, I didn't realize all the color disappeared from my face. Well, not shocked, but horrified I had been assuming things about her without actually knowing her.

"I-I'm okay," I stammered.

She giggled, "you look like you've never seen a gay person before."

"I'm sorry, I tend to freeze up sometimes," I blushed, "it's nice to meet you, Nora"

"Nice to meet you too."

This was a nightmare.

I noticed Louis glance at me in worry when he saw my pale face, and that told me he knew something was up. Something was up. I spent half an hour hating on Nora in my mind, just to realize she was this sweet, adorable, and majestical person.

She wasn't after Louis, I just thought she was.

"I should get back to work," I mumbled, nodding my head politely at her, "I'll see you around."

Before I could stalk away, Louis wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me back.

"Hey," he smiled, "tea today?"

I smiled weakly, "sounds good."

Why was I like this?

I always tried to be two steps ahead of my past self, but my self-sabotaging mind always pulls me back three. I thought I was stronger than that. I thought I had moved on, and yet suddenly it all came rushing back.

Louis was there to help me. He said he would never want to hurt me, and I trusted him for that. He would hold my hand and pull me forward so I couldn't fall back.

But I didn't trust myself to hold onto his hand.

_

ayyyy this book is #8 in wattpad :)) ily guys