Chapter 8

The rest of the honeymoon went smoothly. You avoided topics which are too political and you would say something by mistake.

It was late November and it was rather cold when you woke up. You went into your dressing room and to your surprise, you saw snow. You grin. You love snow and wanted to go outside and make snowmen and do snow fights as you did with your friends in finishing school.

You hadn't noticed but you had been staring at the snow for at least half an hour. You hear someone come in.

"Master Holmes is waiting for you at the breakfast table" she said and you turned.

"Thanks" you say. "What is your name?"

"Aila" she said, smiling slightly.

"Thank you Aila" you say and walk out of the room. You go down the stairs and sit opposite Mycroft.

"It's snowing" you say grinning.

"And?" Mycroft said, a newspaper in his hand.

"I love snow" you say.

"Then we can go for a walk after breakfast" he said. Sipping his tea. You smirk forming a plan in your head.

Soon you got on your winter boots and walked outside with Mycroft. He held your arm in his and led you down the path towards the Loch.

"It's stunning" you say. You sat with him on a small bench and just as he relaxed you took a small amount of snow and playfully threw it at him.

Mycroft looked at you. "What are you doing" he asked.

"Snowball fight" you say.

"Oh?" He asked. "You want to play dearest?" he smirked and took a large amount of snow in his hand and threw it at your dress. You giggle and jump behind the bench you used as cover. Throwing a volley of snow at him.

You look over the top and see that he had gone. You turn quickly and see Mycroft behind you. He smirks and you see the snow in his hand. You roll away but he gives chase. You both fall together in the snow and you laugh as you come to a stop.

You were both covered with snow. You look at him awkwardly and start to pat the snow on him but he takes your wrists to stop them. Leaning into you he kisses you gently. His lips were cold from the snow but soon you felt a warmth spread in you. He removes his grip on your hands and takes your hips. Pulling them into him.

"You have some cheek" He murmured into your lips. "But I do say I haven't had that much fun in years"

You smirk and kiss him back. "I am glad you enjoy my company" you whisper.

You suddenly shiver against him. The cold was finally getting to you. You stood with Mycroft and you went back to the house.

You got out of your wet clothes and warmed yourself up next to the fire. Mycroft sat behind you holding your waist to himself. It was dark already and the fire was the only source of light in the room giving the room an orange tinge.

"Did you ask your mother?" you ask suddenly.

"Ask her what dear?" he asked.

"About visiting."

"I didn't get around to it" he lied.

You roll your eyes. "We cannot we go unannounced"

"I know. I guess we can't go at all"

You sigh. You would write it yourself.