Chapter Three

The Volturi and Alyssa arrive in Volterra and make their way from the private landing strip near the castle to the Church side entrance of the castle. "Oh my god. It's an actual castle" Alyssa was shocked "This is like every little girl's dream; to grow up and live in a castle...and I actually get to stay here" She turned around to face Demetri smiling "Caius said you all live in a castle...but I didn't expect it to be so-so big, I mean it has towers and everything. I can't wait to have a tour of the place" As Alyssa stood facing the castle with her hand in Demetri's she missed the huge smiles on the kings' faces hearing her speak of their home in such a way "Wait till you see inside Ally, there's a throne room and a huge library which is filled with books from floor to ceiling" Caius said from behind Ally "There's a throne room...seriously?" She looked back at Caius, who nodded "Next you'll be saying there are dungeons too" She laughed a little and Caius nodded again "Wow" She responded and nodded her head once, before feeling Demetri gently pull towards the castle doors "Come on Ally."

Demetri led Alyssa through to the south side of the castle "My quarters are up here on the highest level, not counting the towers. In fact Felix, Jane and Alec's rooms are on this floor too" Demetri said looking down at her "Marcus' rooms are in the East Wing, Aro's in the West Wing and Caius' are in the North Wing. We are situated in the South Wing amore" He continued, Alyssa nodded.

When Demetri opened the door to his quarters Alyssa noticed the walls were stone and cream in colour with lamps on them, the flooring was of dark wood. There was a marble fireplace on the right hand side of the room with bookcases on either side; there was a blood red coloured rug that lay in front of the fireplace. There was a black sofa facing the fireplace with a matching chair to the right and a matching sofa to the left. On the wall opposite the door was a set of French doors leading to a balcony that overlooked the South facing garden. A desk was placed to the right of the doors with a world map on the wall above the desk; there were red pins placed on the map. Ally then noticed there was a king size bed with a black and grey duvet set. The bed was against the wall opposite the fireplace with a bedside table on either side. "You don't sleep Demi" She said quietly "It's not just for sleeping Ally" He whispered in her ear and she blushed "I know." On the wall opposite the French doors were 2 doors; one leading into a walk-in closet and the other leading into a large bathroom that also had cream walls. Ally noticed the bathtub on the left hand side was big enough for two. A large walk-in shower was situated opposite the door and on the right hand side of the room was a toilet and a double vanity unit with two sinks with a large mirror above both sinks.

"Wow! It's like a mini apartment, minus the kitchen" Ally said surprised "Hope you like it as it'll be your room now too" Demetri replied "Really? I get to share your room?" "Yes mi amore, unless you'd prefer own room?" He sounded a little sad at the thought "No, no. I'd like to stay with you. Thank you for sharing your room with me" She replied looking up at him smiling "You're welcome but you don't need to thank me, you're my mate. What's mine is yours mi amore. Always" He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close placing a kiss to her temple.

The following morning Demetri took Alyssa shopping for clothes as she only had the clothes she packed for the vacation. "Ready Ally?" Demetri called from the closet "Yep. When you are" She replied walking out of the bathroom. He took her hand and led her to the underground garage and over to his car; a black Lamborghini with blacked out windows "Wow" She breathed when she saw his car, he smiled and opened the passenger door for her before getting into the car.

They arrived at the mall and once again he took her hand in his and led her to a little boutique where he knew some of the female vampires buy their dresses.

Ally picked out a black knee length sleeveless dress, a grey knee length sleeveless dress and a deep purple mid-thigh length short sleeve dress; she also picked out two pairs of black flat shoes and a black pair of low heeled shoes. Demetri picked out a black waist length smart jacket and a black leather waist length jacket for Ally.