Chapter XXVI

LUKE'S POV:

Reggie, Alex and I were standing in front of the one place that scared us the most to be in this world. I remembered the last time that we were all here, dying over and over again because of what Caleb did to us.

"Guys I know we have to do this and all but are you guys kind of scared too?" Reggie asked as he looked up at the abandoned looking hotel.

Alex and I turned to look at Reggie, we both nodded slowly. I didn't know what to expect going in. Would there be people? Would Caleb even be here? Would Willie even be here?

I looked over the boys as I moved first towards the door that led into the foyer of the Hollywood Ghost Club. As soon as we walked in though none of the lights were on anywhere, not even in the main stage area. Walking further inwards I could feel the nervousness radiating off of Alex as we moved further into the club.

Suddenly a white spotlight lit up the stage that was in front of us. The light caused all of us to jump in surprise. I heard a gasp from Alex standing next to me, I looked harder towards the stage. Willie was tied to a chair in the centre of the stage but there was something different. Wouldn't a ghost be able to move out of anything like this. When I looked harder I noticed a purple glow around the ropes that had Willie binded to the chair along with a gag tied around his mouth muffling his attempted screaming.

A notable figure moved around the stage, I couldn't see who it was but I had a pretty good guess.

"I wondered how long it would take for you to get here? Much longer than I thought." The voice echoed into the empty dark space.

Alex stepped forward, his nervousness being replaced with anger. "Caleb let him go!"

Reggie and I moved forward following Alex. Another spotlight hit the stage lighting up the figure hidden in the dark. Nick was sitting at the piano, an evil smile plastered on his face.

I looked over at Reggie and Alex knowing that we were right about Caleb.

"How is this even possible?" I whispered so only Reggie and Alex could hear me.

Reggie and Alex looked towards Nick both more worried and nervous than when we were standing outside. Something was so off with him, there was a harsh tone to Nick that definitely wasn't there when I had seen him in the halls with Julie. Caleb/Nick whatever you want to call him stood up from his piano walking closer to the center near Willie.

"Luke. I heard that there might be something going on with you and Julie huh. Did you know that when I took over this body I can hear every thought that he has. Every time he thinks about Julie I know exactly what he is thinking about her." I walked closer to the stage, my fists clenching at my side. Not because of what Nick is thinking but because of Caleb trying to goat me by using Julie.

"You know I don't think you'd like what he is thinking. Is she your Julie yet or do you think Nick might still stand a chance. I guarantee he thinks he stands a chance." Caleb smiled in Nick's body. He knew that he was starting to get to me.

I knew that I had started getting closer to Julie but at this moment I knew that she was my weak spot. Looking up at his smirking face I rushed towards the stage getting ready for a fight. Before I even moved that far I felt Reggie and Alex grabbing my arms and pulling me back towards them and away from the stage. I turned away from the stage trying to calm down the anger that Caleb had built up in my chest.

I heard Alex step forward with an authoritative voice. "Let him go! Now Caleb!"

"Oh I'd be more than happy to let William here go. But I need a little something in return." Caleb/Nick smiled as he moved closer to where Willie was screaming and wriggling against the rope. "I want you boys to give up your souls and come join my house band here."

As soon as those words left Caleb's mouth a loud sound was made from where Willie was sitting. He was struggling against the ropes trying to yell past the gag around his mouth.

"Fine! You can have me," Alex yelled walking closer.

Reggie and I both shocked and reached out to grab Alex before he even thought about doing something so stupid.

"Alex you can't do this. Willie wouldn't want you to do this." I tried to plead with him.

I watched as Alex looked over to Willie sitting on the stage. He was shaking his head as to say no, repeatedly looking deeply at Alex. I looked over watching Alex's concern seeing Willie in this state was not something that we ever wanted to see.

"Alex we have to go." Reggie spoke holding tightly onto him.

"Alex, Reggie's right we need to leave now."

I saw Alex looking between us and Caleb on stage looking over Willie. I knew my bandmate, he didn't want to leave someone who he was starting to fall in love with in this position. I knew that he did not want to leave in this way.

Alex quickly moved out of our hold on him rushing the stage. Caleb/Nick had already moved into the curtains of the stage. Reggie and I started running after him, both knowing that something bad was going to happen.

I saw Alex reach him, Willie screaming a loud no against the gag tied around his mouth. As Reggie and I got close to the stage I heard a scream coming from Alex the moment that he touched the ropes.

Reggie and I stood next to him seeing two long and deep burns forming on Alex's hands where he had tried to get Willie untied from the chair.

"Alex we have to go now."

I saw Alex staring at Willie, I noticed the deep pain in both of their eyes knowing that there was no way we could get him out at the moment. 

HEY EVERYONE! HERE IS THE NEW CHAPTER! WE ARE GETTING SO CLOSE TO THE END OF THIS STORY BUT I PROMISE THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE LOVE YOU HAVE SHOWN TO THIS STORY!!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST GOAL THAT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE NEXT YEAR?

LOVE YOU GUYS

- COURTNEY