epilogue

The truth is,

Death is peaceful.

Michelle felt the peace.

Jason felt the peace.

Bri felt the peace, too.

So did Rachel.

And so did I.

Michael, though, I'm not sure...

I hope he didn't have a peaceful death. It pains me to think like that, truly, but it must be said. Michael deserves to die. So did I. Destined to be together but destined to be apart.

Rest In Peace, Michael Myers.

A pulsing hue of a cloud, a bubble, haste's its way in my view. I stand on a patch of clouds in a bright, clear sky, sunny world. Things feel so warm and ancient. It's like I don't belong here...

My eyes train heavily onto the forming figure that stands before me. Their silhouette is foggy, yet it's slowly forming into its person. I watch as their long and black hair falls to their chest, their clothes from the last time I saw them appearing, and that little fidget they do with their fingers when they're excited or extremely nervous... Her smile enlightens my world.

"You made it!" Bri cheers.

Oh... oh, please never leave me.

Just the sight of her makes me feel emotional, but this is heaven... and I'm not crying. I don't think I can. I want sadness but all I feel is joy. I'm so happy to see Bri again. It's been too long.

"Bri." I can't hear myself but I'm sure I said her name.

Then another foggy, dark silhouette fades in next to her. I can already tell by her sharp and breathtaking features. Her cheekbones and her soft eyebrows. Her hair. Michelle.

Michelle!

Her glinting eyes sparkle when she sees me and smiles. "Welcome home, Marissa. We missed you." This can't be real. I'm really here, and this is happening. I'm home. In heaven. This is my heaven.

I want to spew my apologies, but my mouth doesn't form the words. My mind isn't even fully paying attention to the apologies.

"Hi, Michelle." The clouds around us are only getting brighter. They don't seem to be intimidated. There's no post-trauma written on their faces.

But... why need to be sad? We're in heaven.

I like this. I love this. A lot. I'm never leaving home again.

Not a single evil thought in my head. Now I can finally rest easy and in peace.

The End

Space Song - Beach Song