Chapter 01: The Mail

فَاصْبِرْ صَبْرًا جَمِيلًا

"So be patient, with a good patience."
(Qur'an : Surah Al-Maarij, Verse)

                         🌹🌹🌹🌹                         

Cairo, Egypt

"Yumna, are you still sleeping or you're awake? Her mom said while trying to get into her room.

" Yumna, get up before you missed Fajr, it's almost dawn "said by her mom.

" Alhamdu lillaahil-lathee 'ahyaanaa ba'da maa 'amaatanaa wa'ilayhin-nushoor,[

Praise is to Allah Who gives us life after He has caused us to die and to Him is the return.]

Ummi, I'm awake already "she said rubbing her eyes .

" Alhamdulillaah Habibty ,go and pray" her mom said while leaving the room. [her mom has always been her Fajr alarm ☺]

   Yumna forcefully got up and dragged herself into the bathroom while mumbling the Dua  of entering the toilet. She brushed her teeth and performed Wudhu then she came out saying the Du'aa of leaving the toilet. She laid her prayer rug and started her Fajr prayer and made Du'aa to Allaah to make her admission into Oxford University easy and ease her affairs .

  After praying, she read the Holy Qur'an and recite the morning Adhkar [her everyday routine]. She then pray to Allaah to bless her parents, make her a better Muslimah, guide her and her friends to the right path and protect her brother. She slept off while praying.

She got up at the sound of the alarm clock, it's almost 7 in the morning.

"I can't believe I slept so much and on the prayer rug" she said while folding the rug.
She headed to the toilet saying the dua, did her routine shower and came out. She wrapped her hair with a towel and stood at the front of her dressing table. She dressed up into a casual indoor clothes and dashed out for the kitchen to help her mom.

" Assalaamu alaykum warahmatullaah, Ummi, good morning" she said smiling.

"wa alaykumus salaam warahmatullaah, Yumna, sabahul khayr, hope you slept well?" her mom replied with a smile.

" Alhamdulillaah, what's for breakfast?" she asked trying to scrub the dishes in the sink.

"Khubzun[bread] , scramble eggs and tea, go and set up the table" her mom said.

While setting the table, her dad came out from the study looking disturbed.
She knew something was wrong with the look on her father's face but she snubbed it and greeted him

"Assalaamu alaykum warahmatullaah, dad, good morning" she said

" wa alaykumus salaam warahmatullaah, Habibty, morning... How're you doing" he replied with trying to smile to her. He kissed her forehead and asked her to sit.

"Alhamdulillaah, I'm pretty good, Abi" she replied and smiled back.

"Any update about your admission or we should apply to Al-Azhar University? " He asked her.

" No dad, I believed I'll receive a positive mail from them soon, In shaa Allaah" she replied. She never wanted to go to Al-Azhar University or any university in Egypt.