Chapter Five

Hisa

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

"They seem to forget that Hisa is human! How could he send someone to their death like that?" Someone growled out from beside me. It seems that he was talking to himself. I grunted and opened my eyes. I was looking at the roof of one of the tents back in the tent village. It had a yellow hue, showing that the sun had finally risen after all these days.

Kill. I must kill the person in my tent before they kill me. I snapped my eyes open and lunged at the person. My body flew off the table towards the person, but I crumpled to the ground, my leg not being able to support my body weight.

They need to come closer so I can strangle them. I felt someone put a gentle hand on my shoulder and I looked up, shooting my hand to their jugular. Only to stop myself mid-way, it was Hattori.

"Hisa it's me, Hattori Hanzo." I closed my eyes again, the sunlight blinding me, my hand dropping limply in my lap. He scooped me up to his chest and placed me back on the cot.

"Hattori." It was just Hattori, I sighed in relief. My voice was rough, scratchy from not speaking. I wonder how long I was out. Soon the feeling of pain hit me once again, rolling over to my stomach as the burning sensation shoots through my body.

"Yes, it's me. How are you feeling?" His voice got closer to me, again and he placed a hand on my forehead. "Fever." He whispered to himself. I peeked my eye open to see him kneeling beside my bed. Worry engraved every part of his beautiful face. I reached out a hand and put it on his cheek.

"I'll be fine," I plastered a lopsided onto my face as I stroked his cheek with my thumb. At what cost though? What did that Kitsune yokai even want from me? Hattori had a black cloth up to his nose he had just gotten back from battle.

"How is it out there?" His eyes creased back, showing that he was smiling under that mask.

"We won. We are heading back soon." I let out a sigh of relief. "You will ride back with me." My eyes perked up at that.

"With you?" It burned to talk. I took in a deep breath, struggling to hold onto my life again.

"Because you can't walk. I need to get you to Genkei." He sure was being talkative today. Well, he always got better at talking when he was scolding me or someone.

"I'm glad we won." I glanced down at the dirt ground where my bandages and a tub of water was. There were a lot of bloody bandages besides Hattori's feet. Was he the one to care for me?

"You almost died." I looked back up to meet Hattori's.

I am more aware of that than he was. He didn't know what I had sacrificed to be in the spot that I am right now. I shivered at what was to come.

"Is she awake yet?" Another familiar voice filled the tent. Lord Oda was at the tent entrance. I got up on my elbows, shaking with every movement due to fatigue. "It's me Hisa, Lord Oda." He announced himself, allowing me to settle my fight or flight.

"My lord..." he held up a hand cutting me off.

"Lay back down." I followed his orders and collapsed back down onto the cot. I looked over to Hattori who was glaring daggers at Lord Oda.

"How is she feeling?" Lord Oda addressed Hattori. I watched Hattori shake his head sadly. He dipped his hand in a washcloth and started to wipe my face again.

"She needs a doctor," Hattori spoke softly, words barely above a whisper.

"I'm feeling fine," I responded automatically. Even though I was in no shape to do anything. I would find the strength.