Chapter 28

One of the hardest things in life is finding out you mean so little to people you care so much about. One minute you feel like the richest person on the earth only to feel so lonely and broken the next.

It is in times like these we crave for people to tell us we are worth something. We want someone to hug us and tell us they love us. We want to feel wanted. We want to feel loved. We want the pain to stop.

At moments like this one you tend to go to the people you are the closest with, or used to be so close with. Whether that person is a friend, a family member or even an ex-lover, at that moment it doesn't matter. All that matters is that that person makes you feel something good again after experiencing only pain.

Maybe calling Kai yesterday was stupid and maybe Taehyung should have just called one of his other friends. I guess we will never find out. Fact is that Kai was the first person to pop up in the blonde boy's head after thinking about who can make him feel loved again. Taehyung and Kai have spend many beautiful moments together and while there is a clear reason the two of them are not together anymore the older boy will always occupy a special place in Taehyung's heart. He has no choice, Kai was his first love and while the blonde boy knows Kai and him have a complicated history, fact is still that that exact boy knows so much about the young student. He knows perfectly how to comfort Taehyung and make him feel save and that is exactly what the blonde boy had wanted yesterday.

This morning Kai had picked up Taehyung for school instead of Jungkook. The blonde was pretty sure Jungkook would do everything to avoid him today anyway. Yesterday Taehyung couldn't help but check his phone multiple times, hoping he would receive a text from the ravenette saying he made a mistake. Ofcourse that text never came. The street racer had been very clear, he wasn't looking for a relationship. At least, not with Taehyung.

It is at times like these that the blonde boy regretted always wanting to help people. Taehyung often cared so much about others that he forgot about himself. Sometimes the boy just craved to delete his past completely and start over again, without the pain others had inflicted on him. The blonde boy would do anything to be carefree again.

Currently the young student was walking towards the canteen. He had just survived another boring lesson and even though he probably had to sit alone during lunch break he refused to let a stupid boy prevent him from entering the canteen. If Jungkook didn't want to see him then he was the one who could just eat somewhere else.

soon the blonde boy passed through the big doors of the school's canteen only to be confronted with the familiar sight of the bangtan crew having fun. All of them, including Jungkook, were sitting at their usual table laughing and playing like they always did. To the outside world it looked like as if nothing had happened. However as soon as the boys noticed Taehyung entering the canteen immediately all of them got quiet. Some of the boys looked at the blonde with apologetic looks on their faces while the cultprit himself did everything in his power to avoid the young student's gaze. Jungkook had been in the wrong and he knew that damn well.

A soft sigh left Taehyung's mouth and he walked further into the canteen. He was definitely going to spend his break alone and he didn't like it one bit. The boy was already heart broken, he definitely didn't need any more time alone to sulk about what had happened.

To the blonde's relief however Kai started waving at him to join the SuperM crew for lunch. Even though these people had dropped Taehyung the minute he left Kai, spending time with them was probably better than being alone. Kai had made Taehyung feel safe yesterday, he was sure his old friends would accept him back as well even though he still couldn't forgive them for dropping him completely. There was no other option if he didn't want to sit alone.