Condemned

Warning: Slight cursing

A/N: So when Hajime is talking to Izuru, it is all done in his head, so I'm gonna italicize it.

Hajime's Point of View

I remember this.

I remember it well.

I was just a young boy at the time and was honestly nothing special. I attended Hope's Peak Elementary at the time and was the only one without talent. Kids didn't like that. They said I was boring... A mistake... A nobody... I would normally sit alone at lunch. The other kids didn't want some future Reserve Course student sitting with them at lunch. My whole mind was empty.

That was until Izuru came.

I was sitting alone, but he was a part of me. He told me he was the ultimate talent, and that he could help me if I let him take over. For a good few years, I told Izuru that he wasn't allowed to. That didn't stop him from trying though. Izuru asked me every day for a turn in my body. He told me not to worry. That he would stop the bullying, and make me real friends.

I said no.

Izuru still had become someone special to me over the years, even with him constantly nagging me about not giving him a chance. Even though I was bullied, he stayed with me and knew practically everything about me. He was the only guest at my 13th birthday party. He was the only person I could hear at lunch. He was the only real person I cared about.

On my 18th birthday though, I finally told Izuru "Yes." The second I gave him that permission to the real world, the one I knew fell to black. I woke up with a deep red shirt. I had deemed it strange, but I didn't want to doubt Izuru. He had been my only friend for so long. I just had to have hope in him. I slowly stepped down the staircase as my eyes peered around the house. My house was a wreck. Holes were in the walls, the couch was ripped, and the deep red was all over the carpet. What could've happened? Did someone break-in? I broke into a sprint and rushed around the house. My parents were nowhere to be seen. When I got into the living room, I stopped in my tracks. My breathing became rugged. No... This couldn't be possible... My parents...

Were Dead.

My mom had a slit across their throat, with her eyes wide as could be. With bullets holes that sliced through her once makeup filled face. My dad, on the other hand, had knife wounds showing under his now torn-up shirt, with blood dripping from the mouth, indicating strangulation. Laying on the ground in front of them, was Catcher in The Rye. That book was a personal favorite, and upon opening it, I noticed it was my special copy. It was actually one of the original copies. Tears streamed down my face like a river. My book... Had blood spattered on the cover, and wouldn't even open properly.

Honestly, I couldn't say I cared about my parents. I had complained to Izuru nightly about how my parents treated me. My mom would throw things at me and beat me for not being the "perfect son." Well, my dad would overwork me trying to find something I was finally good at.

Even still, they were my parents. Tears spilled from my dimmed eyes as I ran back up to my room. I was all alone, except me and-

Izuru

I began to contact my only friend. "H-hey, Izu? What happened when you took your turn?"

"Nothing much Hajime... Just getting back at all those bastards that wronged you."

"What..? IZURU WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!?"

"Only a little... I promised you I would end your bullies, and find you a happy life... This was only the first step my dearest counterpart. For years I have been asking you to set me free, only to have you decline me. You locked me in this brain of yours. Which, honestly, was amazing. Even when you wanted to keep your petty secrets, I already knew everything."