Chapter 11

The arrival of Willa Fluke did not stirred anything much in my life for now. No major incident happened. It was so quiet. Like she did not even existed in the first place. I didn't remembered much from the novel how the prince and she met since I always skipped all those parts. Their loves held no interest to me. I just wanted to know how the story ended at the end so I didn't read the novel as carefully as a reader should, which became my biggest mistake.

How in the hell  should the story progress?

I shouted loudly in my mind while banging my head on the table. After repeatedly doing the same action, a hand stopped my head from slamming to the table. A large warm hand could be felt on my head. The warm sensation sent me awake from my wild thought and I quickly straightened my back only to be looking at frowning face of Prince Noah.

I widened my eyes as I was so shocked to see him here. Well, in the first place I was at his house, the palace. But I never expectedly to actually met him. All those times I came here, never once I encountered him and I never bothered about it. I actually grateful if he really forgotten about me.

          "What are you doing?". He uttered those words while his frowning never ceased on his face. He intently staring at me while standing not too far from me. I didn't noticed our close proximity earlier and I started to feel uncomfortable at our distance.

I faked a cough and composed myself.  "I'm sorry your Highness. Please ignore my behaviour. You do not need to feel concern about it. I just doing some thinking by myself".

I explained lengthy to him which it was a weird occurrence for him at first but it became a normal thing between us now. I rarely explained myself or spoke many words to others especially to the nobles but I surprisingly always talked long whenever he around me. Why though? 

Prince Noah is a man of word, he does not like to waste his time on conversation or talking unnecessarily. That was the reason why I always avoiding talking to him. I just stayed silent beside him whenever I was with him. But after being with him for a while now, I noticed I started to talk more now and he seemed not bothered by it. 

The prince just looked more confused at me after I explained to him. After a while he just dismissed my weirdness and stared quietly at me. 

Why is he staring at me? Do I make anything that made he mad?

I was fidgeting with my gown under his stares. Suddenly he opened his mouth and asked me a question.

               "I was informed it was your idea. The shelter and free food donation."   

               "Ah, yes your Highness?". I stammered a little at his question.

                "Was it your idea? Father and Duke Langston told me that". He once again asked for my confirmation since I didn't answered his question at the first place.

I pondered for a while about the thing he asked me and remembered about the accidental discussion I once had with my father and the King.

                 "Yes, your Highness. I remember discussing those with the King and my father." 

A flicker of surprise shone on his eyes but it went as quickly as I could confirmed it. He just looked at me without any words and what left his mouth after that truly surprised me.

                 "You and I will work together on this. My father just assigned me with this and you are ask to assist me." He just dropped that at my face like that.

WHAT! Work with him? 

I just became so speechless that I didn't spoke for a long time. I recovered when the prince knocked the table in front of me to get my attention back. 

                  "Alright, your Highness. I will be in you care then. Thank you for informing me." Nothing else came into my mind as I spoke that. I just basically agreed without any fuss and thanked him for telling me.

 What on earth I just say?

After that he just left,  I was the only one in that place. Many thoughts occurred on my mind but no answer came to it. 

Did I just bring myself closer to him? From what I remembered, I was on the verge knocking the door of the King's study room when I heard the discussion between him and my father. I decided to not linger around much longer in front the room as it was not polite to eavesdrop but to my dismay I was included in the discussion after I entered the room.

I just carelessly spoke about built shelter homes for those in needs and food banks for them. The King currently in bind about the matters of homeless people in our kingdom. They had tried every way they could think but it was only temporary solved their problem. 

As I uttered those opinions, two pair of wide eyes could be felt gazing at me. My father and the King clapped both of their hands and praised me. I was confused at their reactions at first as I thought my ideas were common but I was wrong. All this while never once anyone came out with that.

They only thought about fed the homeless but it only exerted much money to do that. So they stopped doing that. When I told about free food donation or food banks, their eyes glimmered with hope. I just talked how people could share their own foods with the homeless and we could built shelters for them. But we couldn't only depend on the donation. The homeless should be given works and it need to be contributed to the growth of economy. 

And what just I thought to carelessly spoken brought me to the prince even more closer now. I facepalmed and sighed deeply. 

What have I done?

I just silent sat there until Clarissa came at me and notified me that our carriage had arrived. I rose from my seat and blindly followed Clarissa from behind. Clarissa noticed the state of mine but just be silent about it.

When I arrived at the house father summoned me at his study room and spoke the same thing as the prince told me. I just nodded at his words and agreed to everything he asked. I just remembered he said something like to work well with the prince and do not force myself too much if it hard for me. I just blankly nodded at father's words and retired to my room after that.

What will happen in future really put me in fear state now. I knew I once said I will live as I want and bear the consequences for my decisions but fear started to crawl on me now. I am scared for my future but I guess I need to live through it now. No matter what.