Chapter- 4 (Search)

Chapter- 4

Things started moving once the leader was decided. We all were divided into groups with different tasks, some headed to forage food while others tried catching fishes in the river. The fishing rod was cost effective for certain, considering that we might be able to cut back on the food which we needed to buy with points.

We all had decided to go with the teams of volunteers which were decided beforehand, in order to avoid spending our time strategizing. I, Ayanokouji and Horikita were given the task to search for spots, after all if we found a spot we will be able to claim it then and there.

"I am sorry to drag you into the role of leader Ayanokouji-kun."

I said those words with an apologetic expression as we pushed deeper into the forest.

"We can discuss that later Ichinose-san, in the forest talking about that may prove to be fatal for us."

Horikita-san shot down my attempt to apologize casually, she was right I should wait a little to soothe my guilty conscience.

As we walked into the forest I gazed at the sky which did not feel that radiant now while the damp heat made us sweat like crazy.

Just as I was about to look back down my eyes caught the same black rod I spotted on the island while the boat was circling around it.

"Hey guys do you see that?''

I pointed my index finger towards it. It was far from here so it might take nearly half an hour to reach considering the topography of the forest we are moving in. On following my direction they both were able to spot it as well.

"Yes, it looks like it is attached to some structure. We should head there at once it might be a spot we can claim."

I nodded in agreement and we started to move in its direction, Ayanokouji gave a small nod and followed us quietly. Now I was confused if he was simply silent as usual or he was erupting with anger from inside because I made him the leader.

After walking some distance, the ground became more level hinting that it was trodden by people in the past. Soon a small tower came into our sight, on closing the distance we found a device similar to the one we found in our base camp installed on the entrance of the tower.

It said Class A, 4 hours remaining. That implies they were here shortly after the test started, however claiming this spot ran the risk of being observed by other students. Perhaps Class A was confident in their hiding abilities.

As if taking the notice of the intruder, a well built man came out of the entrance accompanied by other students. It was Katsuragi Kouhei, it is said he relies on secure strategies so it is a little out of his way to claim this spot.

"Who are you?! Are you spies?" the student standing beside him yelled at us.

"No, we are here to check if this spot was still unclaimed. But it seems like you all were here in a flash after the commencement of the test."