Gingerbread Cookies (And A/N)

Hey there! Before you see the drawing, I'd like to give y'all a quick update on what's up with me!

I am so sorry I haven't been updating any stories! Most of you have probably grown impatient and have moved on to other books by now. I'm currently trying to fix my mental health and am on the road to recovering from some really bad insomnia. About a month ago, I was diagnosed with moderately-severe anxiety and depression, so I've started to take an anti-depressant to help with my current mental state, and so far, it's working pretty well. And, I just finished up my last final for the semester! Woohoo!

I know I haven't updated any of the three books that I am currently working on for a while, like about a month or two, and some of you are starting to ask when I'll be updating them.

The answer is, if things go well, hopefully sometime this week or next week. I'm planning on updating Queen for a Day first (since I've neglected that one the most), then complete another submission for the ask/dare book, and then FINALLY when I get the art for Chapter 7 from Ciara (one of my lovely illustrators 🥰) I'll be able to write and update Trolls World Tour: Forever My King. YAY!!!

Also, I'm planning on going through Forever My Queen and editing a few minor things like grammar and stuff, along with the possibility of changing a few songs. As of right now, I have two songs I want to replace:

1. Ch. 21: How to Pretend - Current song: "Believer" by Imagine Dragons. Possible new song: N/A, but something that fits the scene better, maybe?

2. Ch.24: Play for me - Current song: "Play" by Alan Walker. Possible new song: "This is me" from the Greatest Showman.

These songs are good. I have nothing against the songs that I already have. But I was just curious if maybe a different one would sound better.

For example: "Believer" isn't really a full rock song. It's Pop Rock. Should I find something that's more hard rock? Or should I keep Believer in there?

Then there's "Play." This song fits the scene of Chapter 24 only to an extent. In my mind, I want the songs that are sung in both Forever My Queen AND Forever My King to hold hidden meaning. For "Play," I imagine the lyrics being a way that Roxy tells the other tribes that she's listened to all their music, whether she's heard it in-person, or via recordings, and finds them all beautiful. Hence, she sings, "You played for me!" I also think that she's hinting at her and Titus's secret relationship at certain times during the song (although nobody notices).

Now let's talk about the potential replacement song: "This is Me." I feel like this would fit much better, hopefully for obvious reasons. Throughout the entire story, Roxanne is trying to figure out her purpose, what role she plays, and where she belongs. For most of her life, she was forced to hide who she truly was. She lived in fear of what other trolls may think of her once they saw exactly how different she was. Now she realizes that denying those differences and keeping them hidden with bandages and hair dye was her father's way of preventing her from telling others who she really was! They kept her doubting herself. Now she knows who she is! She is the harmony troll; she exists to unite all trollkind! And now that she knows, and no longer doubts it, she will deny it no longer: "I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies! This is me!"

Sorry, I got really into that 😅 Feel free to give me your opinions if you read all of that. Please! I need feedback! Help! 😖

ANYWAYS, without further ado, here is the art! There's a Trolls Christmas Art Prompt currently happening on Instagram for the next 25 days, and I decided to participate in it. I won't post all the days, but here's Day 1: Gingerbread Cookies.

This has a funny caption too:

Roxy: Trollex, could you remind me about what I told you NOT to do?Trollex: You told me not to touch the pan cause it was hot

Trollex: You told me not to touch the pan cause it was hot...
Roxy: And what did you do?😒
Trollex: ...I touched the pan to get a cookie and I burned myself 🥺
Roxy: And what have we learned?
Trollex: *sniff* 😔 Listen to mom...
Roxy: That's right! Listen to mom. *pats him on the head* 🥰

Opinions on the art?

Anyways, talk to you all soon!