XLVI

Karter's POV

It's now nine thirty and the boys need to get up. Aria was going to our dad's room to see if they were ready. I guess I was in charge of waking the boys.

"Drake, Mason! Get up!" I said. When that didn't work I shook them. But they were out. "Mason! Get up!" I pinched his arm. He slightly moved then he reached his arm out.

"Lay with me." He said. I shook my head.

"No. Get up." I said sternly.

"Fine." He stretched his arm out than sat up. "Why am I getting up?" He asked.

"Because we have to leave earlier than we expected." I said.

"Why?" Mason said getting up to go to the bathroom.

"I punched someone." I said waiting for his response.

"Babygirl. You can't just go around punching people." He said shaking his head.

"He was being mean." I huffed. Mason chuckled giving me a light kiss and heading to the bathroom.

Aria walked into the room. "They are up and ready. My brother as well. He said that mason's friend made it to the preserve." Aria said. "I thought you were supposed to get him up." Aria said pointing to the sleeping drake.

"I tried. Figured you could do it." I shrugged. Aria shakes her head.

"I'll do it. Why don't you take the bags down with mason when he comes out." Aria suggested.

"Sure." I pick up my bags and head out the door. Before I make it to the elevator mason joins me.

"Hey baby." He said pressing the button to go down.

"Hi." I said. We stepped into the elevator. As soon as the doors closed mason set down his bags and looked around the elevator. I looked at him weird wondering what he was doing. "What are you doing?" I asked. He pressed his thumb in the corner of the room, which is almost seven feet tall. How is he so tall!

After he did that he turned to me. "Just checking." He said. I give him a confused look. "Cameras are common in elevators." He said. He picked his bags back up as the doors open. "After you, love." He said bowing.

"Shouldn't I be bowing to you?" I raised a brow.

"Definitely not. If you are to become my queen you must get used to officials bowing to you." Mason said. I rolled my eyes. Stepping out of the elevator. We started walking to the car.

"But don't I have to bow too? You know, for respect?" I asked.

"No. The queen is the highest power. No other being or official or anything is higher than the queen of the mantiram world. It started when my grandmother was queen before she had a king." Mason said.

"Mantiram?" I've never heard that before.

"It means magic in Tamil." Mason said as of it was normal.

"Tamil! That's the oldest language isn't it?" I ask.

"Yep. It's mandatory to learn for a royal. Besides it's still spoken in Singapore and Sri Lanka." Mason said.

"So Tamil is mandatory for a royal but Romanian isn't? Shouldn't Romanian be mandatory since it's the one most spoken by all species."

"You'd think. We only learn the older languages. Like I know Latin, Ancient Greek, old Norse, Sanskrit, and of course Tamil. Romanian isn't considered an old language." He said. I nodded. Once we reach the car we load our bags in there. Mason's phone suddenly goes off. "It's my mom. I better take this or she'll be on me for the next week." Mason takes out his phone and brings it to his ear.