Chapter 6

Her shocked face of her instantly replaced by a happy face. Li Wei Wei quickly express her gratitude.

"Thank you for saving me! And I've been searching for you."

Staring down at the lady in his arms, she seemed so small compared to him.

For the first time in his life, he felt so curious about a girl. Feng Xujin easily put the girl down on her foot.

"Why did you look for me?" He is a man who doesn't talk much.

Right now Li Wei Wei is dumbfounded. She doesn't know what to tell him. So she decided to give him some clues.

"I just want to tell you to be careful with your surroundings. Trust no one."

With a serious face, Li Wei Wei pointed it out carefully. She hopes the general will understand.

Shocking was an understatement. The general felt something warmth in his cold heart.

A lot of questions going through his head. Once he calmed himself down, he was going to ask her something.

"Wei Er let's go home." Madam Li's voice can be heard from their positions.

"Yes Mother, give me a minute."

She quickly looked at the general who stood there without saying anything. Li Wei Wei grabbed one of his big hands and put some of the fruit on it.

"About your future wife, I'm gonna find someone for you. Bye!"

Waving her hand and walking away while saying those words.

Feng Xujin couldn't utter a word. He watched her go away while waving her hands at him.

He was speechless. The merciless general stood there, trying to process everything that she told him.

A gust of wind suddenly appears which indicates the arrival of his shadow guard.

"Master, should I follow the lady?" He has never seen his master speechless. The guard feels a bit worried about his master's mood.

Feng Xujin finally let out his voice,
"I will handle about this myself."

He then rushes to his manor to handle some important matter. Trying to stay focused on his work but her voice has been living in his head.

The fruit in his hand is still intact and untouched. Remembering every single word that she said.

He couldn't help but feel cared for by someone. But his mood suddenly dropped when he remembered she said that she was going to choose his future wife herself.

"Who is she trying to choose a wife for this general?"

While Zhao Li who has been standing at the door looks at his friend.

Something big must have happened. Zhao Li is going to investigate it.

"Jin er did you pick the fruits for me? Then I'm gonna eat it deliciously." Zhao Li trying to get some clues.

Once Feng Xujin saw Zhao Li going near him, he quickly ate the fruit.

————————

Within one day, news about Minister Li's daughter's beauty has been spread throughout the entire city. Becoming a hot topic among the public.

They began to praise her beauty and forget rumors about her ugliness. Discussions about who is the most beautiful in the capital started to take place.

They compared Li Wei Wei with Prime Minister Jiang's daughter, Jiang Li Yao.

Unfortunately, the praises faded away in a gust. Immediately been buried by hateful rumors.

News about how the emperor gave her a special pass also caused some commotion. They are questioning whether this young is worth it.

There are even some of them trying to tarnish Li Wei Wei's image by spreading malicious rumors.

Some even felt jealous and exaggerated the rumors to the point people started to believe in them.

"I heard the miss a shameless lady. Someone saw her hug the general Feng Xujin."

"Yes we also saw how she kept on smiling at the general but the general ignored her."

"I'm pretty sure she is trying to seduce him but failed miserably. HAHAHAHA pity her."

"Slut like her do not deserve special treatment from your majesty. She is just a worthless bitch."

The news had reached Li Wei Wei's ear but she tried to ignore all of it.

Having experienced this kind of situation in the modern world doesn't make her less hurt.

"Why there are always some people who would hate us out of nowhere." She said to herself.

Li Wei Wei tried to display that she was okay. She doesn't want her mother and father worried about her.

When hearing these rumors, her mother was so mad that she wanted to hit whoever spread gossip about her daughter. But her father didn't want to worsen the situation.

"I'm just trying to save the general. Seems like the modern world and ancient era are the same."

With her hands on her cheeks, she lazily mumbles it while watching her figure in the mirror.

"Nubi don't understand what is miss implying but you did nothing wrong miss. Don't listen to the groundless rumors." Qiqi couldn't do anything to help her miss.

"Miss these days you rarely go out, is it because of them?" Qiqi carefully asked. She doesn't want to hurt her miss feelings.

Li Wei Wei only nods her head. The truth is she feels so bad for her father.

Her father also has a huge impact and tarnished image on him because of her.

She could keep her feelings aside but her family's feelings are the most important.

'I hope these rumors will fade away soon enough. ' She sighed heavily.

********

P.S.

Wishing all of you a very nice day!