Chapter 14

Aria's POV

Nathan was looking at me with blank expression so I wasn't able to understand what he was thinking. 'I know today I won't be getting job here' I sighed thinking about that. He is just looking at me. What should I do? Should I just walk away from- He interrupted my train aof thoughts.

"Are you just going to stand there Miss Campbell?" He said with an authoritative voice.

"Have a seat." He motioned to visitor's chair.

I nodded my head and went to sit there.

"Can I have your C.V"

He was asking me but it felt more of an order. I wanted to roll my eyes at his behaviour but I controlled myself. I am the one who needs the job and not the other way around, I reminded myself. I passed him my C.V and he began reading all the while his face giving not a single emotion he felt. After what felt like hours although it was just two minutes he looked up and stared directly in my eyes.

"Why do you want to work here Miss Campbell? Also are you sure you can handle work pressure considering this is your first job."

"Well Mr Parker, your company is one of the best. Also I have heard that this company have only best employees so I want to learn from the best as you said yourself since this is my first job. And about handling the work pressure, it won't be hard since I have confidence in myself that I can handle it very well."

"Aren't you over confident Miss Campbell?"

"I would not like to call my confidence over confidence Sir because I know what I am getting myself into as well as to express your views in business you need to be 100% sure about what you are speaking about. So sir I wouldn't call myself over confident."

"Why do you think we should hire you since this is your first job and you have no experience in this field?"

"Well Sir it is in your hands whether you wanna hire me or not. But I can definately tell you that I would do my work honestly and sincerely which I have heard that you want your employees to follow. About inexperience I believe it comes with time and I would like my best to not let your company down."

"Alright Miss Campbell, you-"

There was a knock interrupting Mr Parker. He said 'Come in' and in came an woman holding Liam in his hands. He was facing towards the door. The woman was in her early forties with dark brown chocolate coloured hair and I could tell that she was Mr Parker's mother. She was having ocean blue colour eyes with slightly tan skin. She was wearing a dark green colour dress which reached till her kness with pearl necklace around her neck. She noticed that Mr Parker was not alone so she gave me a small smile which I returned with mine. I stood up since you shouldn't sit if an elder is standing beside you. She turned towards Mr Parker and spoke,

"Nate I wasn't knowing you were having company or I would have came a while later."

"Mom she was just leaving. We are done with the interview anyways."

He then turned towards me,
"Miss Campbell we would notify you if your would be selected for the job. You are dismissed."

"Thankyou Mr Parker" I said looking at him and then turn towards the lady and said, "Pleasure to meet you Mrs Parker."

"Ohh the pleasure is all mine dear." She said smiling towards me.