s e v e n

I got home at around 11pm and guilt still hadn't left my side.

I began to think of Andrew. Of how the exact same thing happened to him, and I almost felt bad for him as I now realise how easy it is to make mistakes when you're intoxicated.

I had work on Monday so I spent the rest of my evening preparing schoolwork for the children and sending various emails to other teachers.

I was about to get ready for bed when all of a sudden, the same sickly feeling came back.

I ran to the closest bathroom and made it just in time before I threw up everywhere. It was times like these where I really wished I had a roommate to hold my hair back for me.

I took a shower to brighten myself up, then headed to bed.
_______________________________

I woke up on that Monday morning and continued my usual routine now of dashing to the bathroom, as I would every other morning now, but I thought nothing of it. I just assumed I was still getting the alcohol out of my system.

I got ready for work as I usually would and arrived at 8:50am.

I placed down the multiple worksheets on my desks and sorted all the coloured pens and pencils into their appropriate container and had a couple minutes to relax before the class came inside.

*knock knock knock*

Andrew.

"Hermione, can we talk?" He asked in a quiet voice, I presume so no other teachers could hear us.

I nodded, stood up from my chair, and headed towards him.

"Look, I know we are on a bit of a break bu-"

"We are over, Andrew. This is not a break." I butted in to make this clear to him. He cleared his throat and continued, "Well, I just want to make sure that in this environment that we keep it strictly professional and that the children's education is first."

"Ofcorse," I replied, "Why wouldn't it be? We are both mature adults and I think that we shouldn't handle this like some silly teenage break-up where we text and call one thousand times." I crossed my arms and raise an eyebrow. He knew fine well that I was having a go at him for persistently texting me to the point where I had to remove his number.

He went to reply but just then, the bell rang.

"Have a good day Mister Smith." I shut the door and awaited my class to line up outside.
_______________________________

Halfway through my lesson, I began to feel queasy again. I felt the colour from my skin flush away and sat down in my chair when I saw one of my pupils raise their hand.

"Are you alright Miss Granger?" She asked with a worried look on her face.

"Yes, I'm quite alright I just feel a bit ill." I knew what was coming and I knew I had to find a bathroom. Fast.

"Excuse me children, I will be just one minute." I quickly got out of my seat and got to a bathroom to throw up again.

I began to doubt that it was just the alcohol getting out of my system as it had been 2 days now, but I pushed the alternative thought to the back of my mind.

One of the other teachers must of heard me as Mrs Rallend walked in and saw me on the cold bathroom floor.

"Oh my! Miss Granger are you okay?" She struggled but knelt down so she was at my level and offered me a hand.

I took it and she helped steady me, "Yes, I've just been feeling a bit unwell recently." I gave her a small smile and she returned it.

"Do you want me to take your class for a while until you've freshened up a bit dear?" She said as she rubbed my shoulder. I nodded and thanked her.

I've always liked Mrs Rallend, she's been like a mother figure to me in the school. I met her when I was lost on my first practice day here and she offered to give me a tour and introduced me to my class. She was a kind old lady and was beloved by all of the teachers and pupils here but was due for retirement soon. The school wouldn't be the same without her.
_______________________________

I returned home a little after 5 and headed straight to the kitchen.

Pickles...
Pickles...
I need pickles...
Where are the bloody pickles?

I stopped and realised for a second.

"Hermione you hate pickles!" I spoke aloud as I paced around the kitchen island, "I-I can't be pregnant! What are the odds?" I began to feel dizzy again and felt extremely faint so I went to have a small rest on my couch for 20 minutes or so...
_______________________________

I woke up not feeling as sore or queazy as I did before but still didn't feel amazing so I finally decided. I'm going to take a pregnancy test.

I made my way into the bathroom and opened the glass cabinet to reveal a small pink box that held tests inside it. I removed one and followed the instructions then waited the longest 3 minutes in my life. Everything was going through my head.

I'm so young to be pregnant
I don't have a plan
What if I'm a terrible mother?
How am I supposed to raise it?
Draco.

Oh my god if I'm pregnant then that means Draco's the father.

Do I tell him?
What if he doesn't want to be apart of its life?
What if he tells me to remove it?

I broke down into tears for what feels like the one millionth time this week.

I slid my back against the wall and onto the floor as I cried and cried and cried until I struggled to breathe.

I raised my arm onto the edge of the bathroom sink and took down the small white test.

2 lines means I'm pregnant
1 line means I'm not pregnant

I rubbed my eyes so they were clear and I knew I wasn't dreaming, then I looked down at the test.

Pregnant.

-1072
_______________________________

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I hope you are enjoying this so far and continue to keep reading! The next 2 chapters should be out tomorrow or the day after. Have an amazing day!