Chapter 3

"What are you doing? Just drop it on the ledge." Manny frowns.

The baby is put on the ledge and makes a squeal of excitement.

"Should we make sure they found him?" Sid asks.

"Good idea." Manny smirks.

"No, no no! Wait wait wait! AHHH! Don't spear me!" There's a pause, then Sid frowns, "Oh, this is a problem."

Y/N jumps over the ledge and frowns, looking through everything for something useful.

"Now what?" Manny asks, looking at the camp. "Oh, that's perfect!"

Y/N picks up some rope and shoves it in her backpack. She then takes apart the tents and folds the fabric, putting it in her backpack.

"What are you doing?" Diego asks, appearing behind her.

Y/N answers while putting another rope in her backpack, "Simple. I have few provisions to keep myself warm, and seeing as the previous humans aren't here, and they haven't been for a few hours, meaning they won't be back, I'm taking their stuff so it doesn't go to waste."

She looks over to Manny to see him looking at a baby hugging a chair. Diego walks up to him as the baby falls in a basket.

"I told you they were gone." Diego frowns.

Manny scoffs, "Well, look who it is. Don't you have some poor defenceless animal to disembowel?"

E/N chuckles, "Damn, I forgot how savage Manny can be."

Sid interrupts Y/N's train of thought, trying to figure out where the humans went. Y/N picks up some ashes out of the fire and rubs them between her fingers, feeling how hot it is.

"You don't know much about tracking, do you?" Diego asks Sid.

Sid answers, "Hey, I'm a sloth. I see a tree, I eat a leaf, that's my tracking."

Y/N frowns, "We didn't miss them by much. The fire pit's warm enough to touch. My estimation is the fire was put out about two hours ago, and by the way the camps in shambles, I'd say they were attacked by something and had to run."

She sees Diego stiffen slightly as he agrees, pulling out some straw from the chair, "It's still green. They headed North two hours ago."

Sid mocks the human and tiger, causing Y/N to snarl at him. The baby falls on a stick over the fire, causing a fish to be flung onto Manny. Y/N takes the fish and cuts it up, starting to eat it, causing everyone to stare at her.

"What? I haven't eaten for a while. I'm hungry. Fish is a good part of any human's diet. And it's only a few hours old." Y/N shrugs as she eats.

Diego frowns, "You don't need this aggravation. Give me the baby. I can track down humans a lot faster than you can."

Manny retorts, "And you're just a good citizen helping out, right?"

Suddenly, the two seem to be in the middle of a tug of war with the baby, causing Y/N to watch and eat the fish like Popcorn.

"I just know where the humans are going." Diego explains.

"Glacier Pass. Everybody knows they have a settlement on the other side." Manny replies, picking up the baby.

"Well unless you know how to track, your never gonna reach them before the pass closes up with snow. Which should be like... tomorrow. So, you can give that baby to me, or go get lost in a blizzard. It's your choice." Diego smirks, thinking he's got the plan.

Y/N gobbles down the last of the fish, quite satisfied, and throws the bones over the edge of the cliff as Manny picks up the baby and hands it to Sid.