[1]

"Atlas, status update

"Atlas, status update." spoke an ominous voice

"Pressure diminishing to 0.7atm, temperatures exceeding -180°C and all contact has been lost from neighbouring parties. Wh- what should our next course of action be Chris- I mean commander?" the air is riddled with apprehension

"Could you quickly elaborate on what you and your crew can see?"

"Our troop was stationed near a research centre, where I was collecting and analysing rock formations located within the Enceladus surface. Everything was going normally until our atmospheric regulator detected a sudden decrease in pressure. Before we could run an EVA check on the system, the entire hab we were situated in was depressurized in seconds. Amidst the situation, we were very fortunate to have been wearing our suits, so lack of oxygen was dismissed as an immediate issue."

"Okay, that's good" you sigh with tentative relief

"However, we also discovered that alongside our conundrum, every other sector followed in our footsteps. The entire colony was affected, commander."

"Oh my god... Is anyone else alive?"

"I cannot confirm at this time. Additionally, it's impossible to complete a rendezvous with other factions because our own lives are at stake. We can safely reach escape velocity and enter hyper-speed from inside the Interstellar, but there is nothing we can do for the others. I'm sorry."

A heavy silence submerges the room, nobody could even picture the perilous situation they are in. It's devastating, but control must act fast.

"Okay Commander" whilst trying to maintain a formal stature "We have a plan"

"Please elaborate"

"Initiate hyper travel to Titan. Our systems have calculated a 76% chance of survival if everything operates smoothly. It is your only chance of reaching the other side. Once you land, our team will give you the necessary supplies to ensure your survival" the voice spoke with remorse

"Acknowledged sir. Entering coordinates to Titan. Estimated travel time, 3 days travelling at roughly 12,600kph. Anything else that we should know before we start accelerating at 88mph?" a small cluster of chuckles emerge from a crowd, attempting to lighten it up

"The trajectory you will follow displayed on our screens shows nothing amiss, commander. You're cleared for departure."

"Roger that. We'll seE yOuSooooo-"

The screen flickers for a few seconds before abruptly shutting down.

"Shit! Beckham, what happened?!" I ask hastily

"Communication has temporarily been severed, sir. Nothing to be worried about, just normal circumstances they would endure when travelling at hyper speeds... wait a minute, there seems to be a quite peculiar anamol-"