010: infirmary

"Jungwon?" The girl's eyes fluttered open, just to meet the ones of the boy.
He was right in front of her with both his hands on her shoulders, trying to see if there are any injuries on the girl.

"W-what are you doing here?" Her voice was weak and she already felt her throat going dry.

"I could ask you the same thing." Jungwon spoke almost annoyed, taking off his jacket before putting it around her shoulders.

Eunji's heart was pounding strongly against her chest at the unexpected encounter with Jungwon.
She didn't expect meeting him here at all.

"Come with me." Jungwon stated quietly, stopping her actions by taking her hand, when she was just about to stand up.

"I-I will just go get my inhaler alone it's alright-"
Eunji knew her condition greatly worsened and would continue to worse if she didn't have her inhaler with her right now.

But he didn't budge.

"It's really none of your concerns, Jungwon. Just let go now." Though her throat was burning and her head hurt, she managed to say those words clearly, hoping that it would reach the boy.

And she couldn't even say the next words that she planned on saying in her head, because he already pulled her inside the room.

"Wait-"
"Can you lay down?" Jungwon worriedly asked, cutting her off and already searching for any inhalers in this empty infirmary.
It was already past school end, so there was no school nurse present.

Eunji on the other hand nodded, too weak to argue anyway, as she laid down.

"It kinda looks like a 'L'." Eunji described him the inhaler quietly, looking up the ceiling and slowly feeling her lungs calm down for a bit.
"I know." He mumbled and took out a new one out of its package, "Can you now lean against the wall?"

Gently, he put his hand behind the girl's nape before slowly bringing the device towards the girl's lips.

"Do you feel better?" Jungwon asked after she put down the inhaler, before sitting down next to her.
Eunji on the other hand just blankly stared at him, still confused at how he was here with her in this exact moment.

"I always help out in the infirmary in my freetime." He explained upon seeing her confused expression, "That's why I kinda know why things are where they are suppose to be."

"But..why are you still in school?" Eunji asked, feeling more than confused.
"Detention." Jungwon shortly answered and put his head on his hands, before tilting his head.

"Wait." It hit her, "The box..I haven't dropped it off yet-" She panicked, just about to stand up again, when he grabbed her arm.

"That's not what you should worry about right now." His voice turned all stern again.

"This is important, Jungwon." Eunji sighed, "I promised your friend to help him."

"So what? I don't care. You are not going anywhere in this state Eunji."

"This is none of your concern. I am able to care for myself. You shouldn't have intervened in the first place."

Jungwon scoffed, eyes full of disbelief. At this point worry mixed with irritation.
"So, you are telling me I should have left you on the ground to die? Just like that? Eunji, you were this close to lose consciousness." Jungwon's voice turned even more worried and he glanced at Eunji in disbelief.

"I'm not going to die." Eunji knew herself, that right now she sounded ridiculous, "This is normal. I always get random attacks like this."

"You were carrying a goddamn box two times bigger than you up 2 staircases. That's not normal." He shot back and judging from Eunji's defeated expression, he knew he was right.

"What were you thinking? This would have ended badly if I wasn't there-"

"I just wanted to help, you know. I didn't mean to intentionally bring myself in danger! I just wanted to prove that-" The girl's voice broke halfway, as she turned away with a bitter expression, "No, I wanted to prove myself, that maybe..I wasn't- I just wanted for once...not be weak. Was this too much to ask? Is that so wrong?"

Jungwon's expression softened.

"Don't cry."

"I am not.." Laughing, she wiped her tears away harshly, "You really have to catch me in my worst moments all the time."

"Hey, it's alright." Jungwon mumbled, unsure of how to comfort her.

His hands reached her already red cheeks, as he wiped away the remaining tears with modesty.
"I understand that you were just trying help, but it was dangerous. Just don't do anything like that ever again."

Jungwon gently put his hand on hers with a small smile, "I didn't mean to get angry at you..I just don't want you to be hurt ever again."

"Did I scare you?" Eunji chuckled a bit after a short silence, before sitting up again. Her hair was slightly messed up, so Jungwon reached his hands towards her hair once again to fix them.

That's when her heart started racing, like it always did when the boy was near her.

"You gave me a heartattack." He gently smiled, "I mean I was already upset at you ignoring me all day, but after finding you on the ground on the verge of falling unconscious afterwards- I really was close to losing my mind."

Eunji's eyes widened.
She almost forgot how she avoided him today in the first place. "You got this wrong. I didn't-"

"Nice try, Eunji." Jungwon interrupted her, already knowing that the girl was going to deny all his assumptions.

"Alright fine. Maybe I did avoid you today." She turned away in shame.

"So you aren't going to tell me why?"

Cheekily smiling, Eunji shook her head "No, I prefer not to."

"Alright then..." He put his hand on top of the girl's forehead in a swift movement, making her flinch, "No fever. Are you calm now? No shortness of breath?"

"I'm good now. Thanks." Eunji smiled, taking a deep breath before standing up.

"Let's go home now, it's getting late." Jungwon went ahead and turned around again, when he noticed the girl not following up, "What? Aren't you coming with me?"