1

Hello! This story was just something I decided to do for fun and thought people on here might like it! If you ever read, let me know what you think!

You would think I would have figured this out by now. It's October of my freshman year and you would think by now I could be able to get into my own dorm without struggle. I put the keycard into the door for the tenth time and push. But nope. Doesn't budge.

"Daphne!" I yell. As well as knocking on the door. She probably has her headphones in and hasn't been able to hear me. I puff out a breath of annoyance and take my bag off my back to get my phone.

Daphne, open the door. My key card still won't work.

I send the text and a moment later the door opens to reveal Daphne and an amused look on her face, earbuds hanging from her ears and phone in her hand. "Again?" She says, raising her eyebrows.

I give her an annoyed look. "It's not my fault the key doesn't work,"

I place my bag on my neatly made bed and take my books out. As a English Lit major I read a lot. And write, which has been a pain the last few weeks but I'm getting used to it. Teakwood University has been my dream since I was young. In the prettiest part of Minnesota. Which if you've ever been to Minnesota there's not much to see. But Teakwood is a forest area and I fell in love with it when my parents brought me to visit.

My mom went to Teakwood and eventually met my dad when she was finishing up her degree in law school. I love my parents, they made me into the girl I am today. Moving to college from home was rough but I think this was good for me and made me expand my horizons more.

"You remember Brooks right?" Daphne asks, making me look up from my poetry book to her excited face.

I raise my eyebrows. "Hockey boy?" I ask.

She nods. "He invited us to his house tonight for a movie night." She watch me warily. "Apparently they have an obsession with chips in their house and need a way to get rid of them."

I squint my eyes. "Us?" I ask sceptically.

She tosses her blonde hair over her shoulder and looks at me sheepishly. "Okay, well he just asked me but I need you there Ash." She pleads. "He lives with two of his teammates and I didn't want to be there on my own."

I stare at her as she puts her hands together like she begging me to come. I give in with a sigh. "Okay fine,"

"Yay!" She interrupts.

I chuckle at her.

"He has two roomates." She taps her chin. "I think there's Tyler and... ugh why can't I remember his name. Anyways, Tyler is cute too but the other one. Wow-wee." I laugh at her expression. "Just you wait. If I can get you to drop your mouth at him than I think I win."    

I smile at her. "We'll see, but I never said hockey boys weren't cute."

She glares at me. "You said they are assholes with mush for brains."

"I said that because the ones I've seen and talked to are exactly that. We live in Minnesota for crying out loud." I say glaring right back.

A few hours later we pull up to a semi large house. Very much boy athlete if you get my gist. The brown exterior makes it homey but also mysterious. Daphne has a pip in her step as we walk up to the door. Daphne has always been the more energetic of the two of us. I've only known her a short few months but we get along like we've known each other for years.

My heart starts to race when she knocks on the door. I'm not the best when it comes to social situations. It works me up a lot. I have to make more of an effort, which is how I've always been. Daphne however, is not. Take Hockey Boy Brooks for example. I never just been "invited" to a boys house. It's not that easy for me.