Chapter 1

The air turned black all around me.

My senses kept getting number as I continued to fall.

Having being clamored on the ground, a tinge of giddiness took over my body. My head seemed to get heavier and heavier. Its effect was too massive for me to deal with.

It was painful. So painful.

Darkness befell my mind. I became unconscious of my surroundings.

Feeling algid, my eyes flashed open quicker than it was possible for me to comprehend my surroundings. I trembled, unable to recognize the place I landed on from the ever-lasting fall.

It was quiet. So quiet that I could listen to my rapid breathing.

I realized that my heart was beating frantically.

The place was so dark that I wouldn't have been able to catch anything of my current situation if it weren't for a glowing circle I laid on. Wait, a glowing circle?

Where am I? I thought, flustered

I found myself in some sort of wide passageway which had a dusty and brisk floor.

I looked straight ahead and noticed a small glass pane at the end of the hallway. Is that a floating orb I see in that glass pane? I ponder.

There were high dim walls surrounding me. In fact, they were so high I had to turn my entire head up to get a full view of them.

It looked as if these walls were glaring down at me, as if they had their own pair of eyes.

As if someone was right behind me.

I sensed someone's presence here.

I broke into a sweat. I turned around to check if anyone was behind me.

A feeling of disorientation seized me immediately.

There stood a man in a mask right behind me, as if he was waiting for me to turn over to him.

Was he watching me the entire time in silence?

I just sat on the circle with a gaping mouth. I was too scared to speak.

Instead of showing a fight-or-flight response, my body just froze.

He just kept staring at me.

Who is this guy? Is he the one who kidnapped me? No, wait, that doesn't-

Suddenly, he reached out for something in his pocket I assume, and took out a...jellybean? It floated on his hand and sparkled. He showed it to me.

Am I supposed to take it?

"W-what..." I managed to fumble out something from my mouth.

No sooner had I opened my mouth to speak, than this jellybean-looking thing literally 'flew' straight into my mouth. I choked and started coughing loudly.

"What the hell was that?!" I yelled at him without thinking.

The man squated down to reach my eye-level.

"It was a pill!" he exclaimed and, surprisingly enough, smiled brightly at me, with his mask only covering his eyes and not the complete face.

What?

Although he looked creepy with the mask and the cloak on, his warm and cheery smile made me feel a bit comfortable.

I just sat there, bewildered.

"Don't worry, Chiharu. You're not in any danger. Please allow me to explain what's going on", assured the man.

"O-oh, okay", I stuttered.

Wait a minute.

How does he know my name?

...

My name is Kizu Chiharu. I'm a 19-year-old girl, and I have long black wavy hair and brown eyes.

I used to be a fun, brave, and energetic person, and used to love taking risks. Despite my easygoing and happy personality, I could have been a loyal friend and be serious when the time would come.

I used to never be afraid to stand up for myself, and I used to be a pretty active and loud person. I lived my life to the fullest!

...Notice how I kept using 'used to'?

Yeah, strangely enough, I just died.

I was supposed to be dead.

I went out rock-climbing with my friends and I suddenly slipped and fell. I was pretty high up from the ground. All necessary precautions were taken, and it was made sure I would be safe no matter what.

Then how did this happen?

Fear had conquered my body as I had kept descending. I knew I was going to die, therefore I had blacked out in the middle of my fall before I could even strike the ground.

I didn't want to feel pain.

Am I actually dead? Is this the afterlife?

I'm so puzzled right now, I don't understand a thing.

And this man? Why does he have this odd blue hair? Did he dye it?

More importantly, I need to figure out what's going on.

==================================================