Author's Note

Hey there! If you're reading this, it means you've read this short story  I'm eternally grateful for that.

Really.

Thank you.

First, I'm dying to know. Please, if you can, leave a comment and tell me: Did you like it? Did you not? What do you think of Ady and Mir and everyone else? Did you enjoy the narrative, the style? Any questions or suggestions? I'm always hungry for reviews and feedbacks--they help me grow and a writer.

And second, if you haven't yet read my story Witches Burn At Dawn, I have a confession to make. Ady's story wasn't meant to exist. The idea of St. Daktalion city was originally a full-size book, where Mir Praejis and Yaroslava Slavich were the main characters. But then the idea grew bigger, the characters became so complex and real and asked for more attention of mine that I couldn't ignore them any longer.

Especially Ady.

Oh, Ady...I loved his feelings and his past so much, but I still couldn't find a place for a chapter or two in my book to put it. But I wanted to share this idea with you guys so much! His love, his pain, his grace, his passions...

And here we are.

This short story turned out to be kind of a prequel to the original story of my book, which I'm obsessing over. So if you want to hear more of Adelard, Mir, and others, if you want to finally meet Yaroslava and Gyoku and many other amazing--although fictional--people, check it out (yet again, if you haven't already). Btw, it got shortlisted in The Wattys 2021! So...I guess it's a good book. Give it a shot!

With magic and love,

Daria 🖤