It All Started With An Idea...

... @CeeMTaylor 's idea, to write a series of posts in her blog, The AuthorShip, with writing prompts in them, and a set schedule. I told myself I wouldn't follow along — no time, no discipline, too much of a temptation, too many other things to write, you name it, I've said it.

And yet here I am, with my own collection of random stories spawned by her prompts. Isn't that something?

Yes it is, and that something is a lot of fun, and also a way for me to find out more about myself as a writer. (Lesson #1: don't write a coda about Josh and Emery and expect it to be well-behaved and fall in the category of flash fiction.)

In every chapter, I'll link to the article that spawned the prompt so you, too, can follow along. (It'll be visible in the text but, because you can't copy/paste, it'll also be an inline comment with the link itself.) And if you do, and you decide to do a collection much like this one, link me up in the comments section too — I'd love to read it!

So far:

Cee shares her Sunday pages on the blog (the culprit that started it all) and the other pages in her Patreon (link in inline comment);

@SmokeAndOranges has a book with all The AuthorShip prompts fiction (link in inline comment);

and @thatCalamity has a book with replies to The AuthorShip prompts and other flash fiction (link in inline comment).

Yell if you have your own, and I'll keep updating this chapter!