Five

A/N: I made Fuyuka hehehe... She originally wore pants at first but after one mission and her uniform was ripped, the kakushi in charge of her clothes changed it to a skirt. I don't why I thought of that hahaha.

Happy Reading!!

-------------

"Uwaaa..." Fuyuka's jaw nearly dropped when she saw his home. It was nothing special, to say the least, but for someone like Fuyuka who lived in a poor condition for a long time, such simple thing would amaze her.

She snapped to reality and took off her slippers. "P-Pardon the intrusion..."

Tomioka looked back at her. "Don't mind the formalities. I live alone."

"Ah, hai" she nodded as she followed him inside. "Uwaaaaa... Living under the same roof as the hashira... I feel kind of pressured..."

"There's a spare room next to mine. Follow me."

"Hai."

They arrived in front of the shogi door and he opened it. It was bare but nevertheless, clean.

"This is your room from now on. If you want to take a bath, it is in the end of this hallway." He told her. "You are free to use the kitchen and to go around the house, except for my room." He gestured at the shogi door next to hers.

"Thank you very much, Tomioka-san!" She bowed in gratitude.

"You can buy your other things tomorrow. The futon are in that wardrobe." He said and noticed her manners. "You don't have to be so stiff around me."

"Hai!"

She stood up rigidly and he sighed at her stiff posture.

And that was the start of how they lived together.

***

Since the start of their cohabitation, the two developed a routine as time passed by.

Fuyuka had mellowed down and was no longer that nervous and stiff around the Hashira and Tomioka found her presence relaxing in his house.

Both of them are early birds, so they greeted each other good morning every time they step out of their rooms almost at the same time.

As a way to somehow repay his kindness, she took charge of cooking and prepared breakfast for the two of them every day.

They alternate the cleaning duties every two days.

For training, Tomioka decided to teach her about the Total Concentration Breathing. In a way, it is to improve her breathing technique and lengthen the duration of her attacks.

They also frequently take missions together as a team.

Despite that, there's a line drawn between them that mustn't be crossed, which shows that their relationship purely exists as a senior demon slayer helping his kohai.

Nothing more.

Fuyuka woke up at dawn after sensing that the snow has thickened outside. She stretched her arms and fixed her futon properly before stepping out of the room.

She walked softly and opened the shogi door outside. She's only wearing her yukata but she didn't feel cold in the least. In fact, she felt safe and relaxed. She breathed deeply and took off her slippers and stepped into the snow barefooted.

As she stood under the falling snow, she started dancing on the snow with her eyes half closed.

Meanwhile, Tomioka stepped out of his room. Walking in the small hallway, he noticed that the shogi door was left half open. He went outside and on the wooden floor were Fuyuka's slippers.