3: Was And Will Be

for a eulogy example
English Performance Task
©2019

Was And Will Be

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."

She, I remember once, was truly happy. She would wake up with the brightest beaming smile, and hug each of her family early every morning. She was so optimistic, she believed that there is nothing she can't do. That there's a first time for everything. That when all can be taught, all can be learned.

She could always get through everything you can imagine thrown at her. Foresee and live by the brightest perspectives. Appreciate all that she's given. Shares what she has. And was just the sunshine and shoulder that her family and friends could always lean on.

But then, unfortunately, suddenly, she died. She burned out. Lost her sparks. Her enthusiasm, faded. Her shine, dulled.

Maybe she got tired. Too tired. Killed by society. But I promise her, she will still be cherished.

I loved her, I still do. Her end crushed my soul. She was always there to care, to help, to love, to calm, and to comfort me. All those days when I wanted to be lonesome, she insisted to keep me company. She was all I had. And now, with her passing, I have no idea what to do anymore.

But I learned that those we love can never be more than a thought away, for as long as there's a memory they live in our hearts to stay. Ahh memories... let them fill your mind, warm your heart, and lead you through.

We all witnessed her loveliness. And I believe that what is lovely never dies, but passes into another loveliness. What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose; all that we deeply love becomes a part of us.

To wherever she is now, I know that she's near. Here, beside me, and in my heart. Thank you. For everything. For all those times you stood by me. For all the things that you made me see. For all the joy you brought to my life. For the inspiration you have been to everyone who knew you. For all the strength when I was weak. For everything you taught me. For all the encouragement. And for molding me stronger, tougher, more honest to myself, and definitely, more beautiful.

I promise you that I will carry on. For that is what you have wanted.

Sometimes, you kind of have to die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself, and love yourself to become a new person. It takes courage...to endure the sharp pains of self discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.

People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But, the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates. And I have yet to recreate mine again. Only this time, bolder.

She, was indeed, great. But now, she is greater.

A spirit of the past. A distant memory. An amazing legacy.

She, was I. And she will be missed.

🎉 You've finished reading Feathered Features (Feature and Essay Writing, Feature and Essay Articles) 🎉