Bonus (CUT) #4 - The Girl at the Bar

JEREMY

The sound of her laugh carries across the room over a cacophony of conversation, strained laughter and clinking glasses. It's smooth and refreshing, like early morning runs. I look around for its owner, intrigued, hoping to spot her amongst the same old faces of agents, friends of friends and girls who somehow find their way to every party I'm at.

I see three new chicks at the far end of the bar, gathered in a circle, lost in conversation. They must be the girls Stephanie hired.

Hmm. Not bad. Maybe buying this store wasn't such a bad idea after all.

One of the girls catches me staring. Her cat eyes hold mine as she flips her long blonde hair over her shoulder and smiles at me dangerously. No... not her.

I turn my attention over to her companion, who is busy chatting animatedly with their third counterpart. This one looks much younger. Probably around Steph's age. She has short, dark hair with severe bangs that give her a very edgy appearance. She's wearing a tight corset and black leather trousers. Nope. It's not her either.

And then I hear it again. The earth-shattering, moon-quaking laugh that wipes the smirk clean off my face.

I focus on the third girl, the one with her back to me. She's throwing her head back and laughing at something Mia Wallace told her.

Fuck me.

The hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Everything turns to a blur and all I can hear is her laugh, reverberating like an ethereal echo. My eyes fall to her tiny hands, her graceful fingers delicately wrapped around her glass. I take in her slight body, so delicate it must be made of fine china.

She's wearing white jeans that look like they've been sown on her and a black silk top with spaghetti straps. Her light brown hair is draped casually over her shoulder, revealing a delicate neck and back, so wonderfully compelling that thoughts of running my tongue down her spine flood my head.

Mia Wallace sees me drooling and leans in to whisper something in my girl's ear. She turns around and our eyes meet. 

Fuck me sideways.

It feels like the wind has been knocked out of me. She is hands down the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. Her skin is made from pure light, unobscured by makeup and prosthetics and all the unthinkable shit girls do to their faces. Her lips are well-defined and just plump enough to make me want to suck on them. Her cheekbones are high beneath her peach-coloured cheeks that flush a little as she gives me a shy smile. But her eyes... her eyes are magnificent! A shade of clear, bright and hazel, like pure melted caramel.

She turns back to her friends but her spell lingers on me like a stench. I keep staring at her, unable to take my eyes off her as I wait for my breath to come back. Then, I feel a hand on my chest.

Alissa. She's one of those girls who is somehow always around. I see her clinging on to me, smiling seductively. Her lips move, but I don't catch her words.

"One second," I tell her, peeling her off me.

I down my drink and push through the crowd. Where do all these people come from? I make my way determinedly towards my girl and when I'm a few metres away, she turns her head towards me again. Realising I'm coming for her, she turns around to face me.

Christ, this girl is even prettier up close. There is a genuine beauty about her that outshines everyone around her. I can barely look at her, and yet at the same time, I can't seem to tear my eyes away. It's like seeing a rare species for the first time, like a nymph or a sprite.