Chapter 2: The Explanation

Shota knocked on the thrice. Waiting for someone to answer. Fiddling with his thoughts, still thinking 'why in the world would Joke wants to borrow Eri's clothes? ' while holding a pink paper bag on his left hand.

"Wait a sec!" he heard someone answered his knocked, from the inside. The voice kinda sounds like Joke, but slightly different.

The door opened, he expected to see the normal height of Ms. Joke. But instead, his eyes met with a girl - who's around 6 to 7 years old standing in front of him. And she reminds him of Eri.  

Who is this kid?

 She's wearing an oversized t-shirt, wide green pair of eyes, red cheeks(not that cheek), cute face. And Joke's hair?  

"Ah! Thank god you're here! Come in, quick." The girl pulled the confused wide-eyed man's hand inside the house. Who's really confused.

The girl looked up the man in front of her and changed her glance from him towards the pink paper bag he's holding. "Is that the thing I asked for?" she moved a step closer to grab the bag from him. 

"Not so fast kid." Shota held up the bag higher before she could even grab it. And that caused her to land on the floor and hit her nose. 

Ouch. That hurts

The girl furrowed and puffed her cheecks. Then the man squatted on the same eye level as her and looked her in the eyes. The girl seems upset. Not that he really cared. 

Shota put his hand on top of the girl's head and inhaled deeply. "Who are you? Why are you here? Where's Emi? And why do you have Emi's hair?" Shota asked the girl all in one huffed.

 His reaction is far from what she thought it will be.

He had no idea. 

The girl trying not to suppress her laugh. That made Shota mad and more confused.

"Oi! I'm serious! Where's Emi?!" Shaking the girl's shoulders, with a worried expression on his face.

"Calm down, calm down Eraser! It's me Joke. Don't worry too much." She waved him off.

Shota froze. That made Emi burst out laughing.

-

-

"How did this happen?" Shota asked. Completely shocked. Like how?

 "Honestly, I don't even know-" 

"What do you mean, you dont know? Think back." Emi hold her chin between her thumb and index finger and think what happen last night.