17.

"Secrets eat away at people" Lauren said, practically spitting out the words on the wooden table.

She'd touched some kind of nerve.

.......

Okay, fine. She got it - secrets could suck. But she had a big one, and she didn't need or want to feel like she was doing something wrong by keeping it. She had no choice. She was boxed in by her awful ex and what he'd done to her, and now by what Austin was doing to her as he made her pay for Shawn's crimes - crimes he blamed on her. Some days she felt like she'd never get out from under it all. Not from Austin, and not from the need for secrets and lies. 

She grabbed the steering wheel of the conversation and swerved out of the way of the topic, "I have a secret I can tell you. Mine is that I'm wearing no underwear"

That earned her a wicked grin. Lauren laid a strong hand on Camila's knee, "Hardly a secret, I knew that. Tell me what you love most in the world" Lauren said.

"Cupcakes, my best friend, and freedom" Camila said, and truer words were never spoken.

"And what do you hate most?"

That was easy. Too easy, "Being made a fool. Owning things" she said, and because she didn't want to discuss it more she turned the question back on Lauren. "What do you love most in the world?"

"Scotch. Lingerie. Movies. Family"

"And what do you hate most?"

"Lies, I hate lies"

"But you're a lawyer" she said, furrowing her brow.

"So that means I can't dislike lies?"

"Don't you have to lie for a living?"

"No. I don't have to lie" Lauren said, and her voice was strong and passionate. "I fight. I fight for what my clients want. There's a difference"

"What else do you fight for?"

"For the things I want"

"Do you want me?" Camila asked, turning the conversation down another street yet again.

"I want you so fucking much, Camila" Lauren said, and she wasn't giving an order or a command this time. There was something almost naked in her voice, a vulnerability that she let show now and then. Lauren pulled her close, buzzed her lips along the girls jaw, then up to her ear, "I meant it when I said I couldn't stop thinking about you all week. I wanted to fuck you, and I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to spend more time with you. I want to get to know you more and more. You fascinate me" she said, kissing Camila's neck, the feel of her melting Camila inside. 

Lauren's word sent a shudder through her, filling her with that delicious feeling of falling for someone. Of flutters and wishes and the hope for more - more time, more moments. But saying she wanted more was hard for her. Letting someone in was even tougher, because she knew where it might lead to - to her being owned in yet another way she'd never see coming. So she shifted back to the pure truth of the physical.

"Now you're turning me on again" she whispered.

"It's a good thing you're not wearing any panties"

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

Lauren pulled away, glanced around the restaurant as if she were sweeping it for spies, then reached into her back pocket. There were a few other diners at nearby tables, as well as the chef and the waiter. Lauren took her hand from her pocket, her fingers curled around in a fist, like she was hiding something.

"Are you a good actress?" Lauren asked.

"Sure. Why?"

"Because I'm going to test you right now" Lauren slid her hand under Camila's skirt; the girls legs were hidden under the edge of the table. Then she felt it - a buzzing against her bare thigh.