01: A Child's Wish.

01: A child's wish.

▬▬▬▬▬

Once upon a time, in an empire called Avarician, there was a woman who was blessed with both beauty and elegance. Her name was Lucia from the House of Lizzenberg. She was the eldest daughter of Marquis Lizzenberg, and she was loved by many. Her light blue hair that glimmers like the bright sky and her pair of crimson eyes that resembles a ruby. Even her radiance was compared to the warm rays of the sun. Because of that, everyone initially thought that she was a woman loved by God.

And so, the woman loved by God married the most noble man in the Empire, the young Duke of Belladonna, Duke Cornelius Belladonna. Everyone was in awe with the affection they hold for one another. They weren't the typical couple married only for political gains because they were more intimate than that. A few years after their marriage, Lucia gave birth to three sons that took after their father's sculpture-like appearance: pale violet hair and a set of deep purple eyes

They were happy, like a one big family. And they couldn't be any happier when they found out that the Duchess was blessed with another child. Everyone was thrilled about the news, but it all went to naught after the Duchess gave birth.

She was a healthy little girl that greatly resembles her mother's exceptional beauty. She had midnight blue hair that take after the dark sky at night and a pair of pink eyes that glowed brighter than any gems. She was supposed to be a blessing for the Belladonna family, but that blessing took the family's most cherished person.

Despite that, everyone remained positive and looked at her birth like a blessing in disguise. Like the answer for the empire's prayer.

She was named Eris by her mother and was given a blessed name Soleil by the Pope, stating that it was God's wish to bless the child with such a name. Blessed names acts like a middle name and are only given to the direct line of the Imperial family, to the Popes, and to the children chosen by God himself. And by that, Eris became special.

Eris was a bright child loved by the people and acknowledged by the Church. Despite the affection she receives from everyone, her family hated her. She had assumed that her family blamed her for the death of their dear mother because of their negligence towards her. The Duchess, who was dearly love by the duke and their sons, took her last breath after admiring her youngest child.

Eris had thought that they will eventually accept her like everyone else did since she was, after all, a Child of the Prophecy.

There was a prophecy, that the Church received, that a child born under the shooting star on the first full moon of the year will be the key to the empire's prosperity. And she, Eris, was born with the same time the first full moon of the year appeared and right after the shooting star had passed the bright night sky.

Eris did her best to be acknowledged by her family. She did everything perfectly, from her lessons to enhancing her knowledge and expanding her skills. She studied books that even a scholar would find hard to understand. She took swordsmanship lessons to prove herself even worthy of standing beside them. She had thought that she would finally be acknowledged by her family, but another child showed up and was claimed by the Church as another Child of the Prophecy.

The child was the same age as hers and she was born as the same time and day as well. The Cardinal himself was the one to announce her and blessed her with the middle name "Luan."

All her efforts were discarded. The child resembled her mother's radiance, and as if entranced, took her family's attention. It was as if fate was mocking her relentlessly. Eris didn't give up. No, she couldn't. She has devoted all her life to be acknowledged and accepted by her family. She couldn't bear to stop now.