10| FEVER DREAM AND INSECURITES

"Hey hot momma

"Hey hot momma." Kie said as Layla walked down the hill with a scold on her face, huffing and puffing as she fixed the flower crown on her head.

"I hate this, I hate all of this." Layla complained as she huffed, standing on the other side of Pope, "My dads so embarrassing, if people wanted to go to church they would. He's literally humiliating me by trying to preach by the door."

"He does it every year, might as well get use to it by now." Pope said as Layla rolled her eyes as looked down at his nearly burnt hamburgers, "Stop judging my patties."

"I want to go home." Layla huffed. She'd been in a relatively bad mood sense her and Sarah's argument in the middle of the rain, feeling insecure was a understatement.

"Look on the bright side." Kie said as she motioned toward the group of girls all dancing around, "Dont you like women?"

"I don't want Kook woman." Layla said in annoyance, crossing her arms across the satin sage green dress she wore, "I want no one."

"Damn, who hurt you?" Kie asked as Layla ignored her, keeping her arms crossed and pouting the rest of the night.

"Just a cherry coke please." Layla said with a forced smile to the bar tender, "With vanilla if you have it."

The older woman gave a nod with a forced smile, turning to get the stuff. Layla leaned on the bar, looking around at the hundreds of Kooks around her. She was surprised non of them gave her a hard time yet, a voice heard behind her, "Hey."

Layla looked over her shoulder to find Sarah with a grin. She rolled her eyes to cover the way her face flushed and heart jumped, "Hey."

Sarah came up to her side, "These things are pretty boring, aren't they?"

"Yup." was all Layla said as she avoided looked at her, wishing the bar tender would go a little faster with her coke. Sarah could sense Layla hadn't wanted to talk to her, which is why she came over to try and act normal with her as much as possible.

"I had this really crazy b-" Sarah began before Layla cut her off, facing her for the first time sense she arrived.

"Is there something I can help you with, Sarah?" Layla questioned as the blonde stared at her with a blink, face falling, "Hum?"

"I want us to be friends, is that such a bad thing?" Sarah went back at her in questioned, scanning her face with a cross of her arms.

"Do you fuck with all your friends feelings or was I just special?" Layla asked sarcastically as she put the five dollar bill on the bar when she got her drink.

"Layla-" Sarah began before Layla was off, walking away with watery eyes. She knew it was stupid to cry over a girl she spent one night with. But one night was enough time for Layla to feel things for Sarah she hadn't with anyone else before. She felt like for the first time someone was actually listing to her, actually seeing her. Layla wanted Sarah so bad, she still wanted her so bad.