𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

Everyone knew about the Ballad of Morgan Stark-Rogers. It didn't matter where you were from or whichever side of the war you were part of, the tragic tale was something the earth collectively wept over.

In the Songbird's earlier years she was said to be overly generous. Often giving her food to the people sleeping on the streets. Howard Stark would tell his son that he once had to pull her off another kid after calling the poor, "Hobos." A slur that the ten year-old girl was heavily against as most homeless people were simple husbands and fathers trying to find work during the Great Depression.

But the most generous thing Morgan Stark ever had done was giving up her college fund so Howard could open up his business, Stark Industries. Money was tight at the time and with their parents both gone they couldn't afford to do both, and for that Howard was forever in his younger sister's debt.

A debt he repaid with a simple black guitar. Something the two used to stare at from the local music shop's window for hours on end in their youth. Neither were aware at the time that that simple gift would become a piece of American history.

When the second war started Morgan refused to sit back as others risked their lives and joined the fight. She originally planned on becoming a secretary in Howard's division, but after a bit of persuading Morgan joined the War Bond Commission. Taking on the stage name Lady Liberty, America's songbird.

At first her role was to be the damsel her co-star, Captain America, saved from Hitler, but after Morgan once accidentally hit their Hitler actor with her guitar they changed it. Making her a symbol of female empowerment, encouraging girls to join the fight as nurses or work in the factories.

As the campaign became even more popular with all their movies, posters, comics and radio shows, the friendship of the two leads did as well. Morgan always told Howard in her letters that Steve Rogers was nothing but a friend, but after watching them kiss off script during the live Christmas special, Howard proudly told his son he threw a desk at the lab's television.

Eventually as the campaign was cancelled Morgan joined her brother on base. Even if she could pack a punch she was never one for violence, becoming a secretary as well as entertaining her boyfriend's comrades in between battles.

Tony Stark would always be forced to hear of the adventures the "Dream Team" went on, before everything changed. As war goes there are losses, but also some surprises.

It took three men to pry Howard off of Steve when Morgan admitted she was pregnant.

The owner of Stark Industries laughed about it now but the only other survivor of the Dream Team, Peggy Carter, told Tony she was sure Steve would've died if it weren't for Morgan showing Howard her simple engagement ring.