Calm Down

Craig and Kenny had a special type of relationship. People usually just jumped to "friends with benefits" and the two boys never bothered to correct them, because they didn't know what they were. But each knew, they weren't just in it for the sex. 

Currently the two of them were walking next to each other on the sidewalk, the dark sky making it obvious that it was night. They weren't talking, Kenny sucking on a lollipop Craig bought him and Craig himself, smoking a cigarette. 

They did this often, walking in the middle of the night, the only light coming from street lamps and the vibrant signs on gas stations and convenience stores. It was these times that Craig couldn't help wonder what relationship they really had. Looking down at the blonde he saw his small but rough hands, caused by his many part time jobs that were usually physically demanding, and felt such a strong desire to hold it.

But Craig was positive Kenny wasn't the type for romance, he had been known as the town pervert and "slut" since he was 8 and never seemed bothered about it, in fact he joked about it as well. 

Does he ever feel like hugging me? Or holding MY hand? Maybe he wants to just cuddle sometimes, or have cheesy flirty conversations...could I say he was...mine? 

Craig had his mind swirling with these thoughts and he started getting frustrated at the calm indifference Kenny had. 

I don't WANT to just be "fuck buddies"...fuck him anyways...

"HEY SLUT!" A loud voice shattered the silence and Craig's escalating thoughts.

Kenny rolled his eyes but Craig shot his head to the direction of the insulting words. There were two boys, one smoking a jule and the other one leaning against the wall of a car shop to their left. Craig, and everyone was used to this when they would hang out with Kenny, so they would all just ignore it and it wouldn't be a problem. But tonight was different for Craig, he was fucking LIVID. 

"What the fuck did you say?" Craig said, his voice the same dull tone it always was, but there was a certain edge to it, the same edge he gets when someone says something bad about Stripe. 

Kenny looked up at Craig, shocked. He was not the only one either, the two boys lost their "cool" composure for a second. They quickly got it back though. 

"What's your deal fag? He's just a fuck buddy, fuck off." The boy who was leaning against the wall said, challenging. 

Craig looked down at Kenny, who was likewise looking up at Craig. Kenny's eyes were a darker, cloudy blue, and they were given an interesting shade from the neon lights. In fact, his whole face glowed from them, his small but plump lips were parted slightly, and his freckles seemed to dust his whole face sparingly. 

They weren't just fuck buddies.

They weren't. 

Craig broke his gaze and walked, seemingly calm, towards the two virgins but in reality, he was burning with pent up rage. 

"What, pretty boy? You that triggered or some- UNGH" his words were cut off with a blow from Craig's fist, his head jutting to the left.

Kenny couldn't even gasp, but stared, his mouth gaping. This caught off the smoking kid as well, who just stood there, looking at the groaning boy.