Chapter Six

Allysia's POV:

"What?!" Felix grabbed my hand forcing me to keep walking. "How can you say that so casually?!"

"How else would you like me to say it?" I scoffed and just bit my lip.

The moonlight howl is an annual celebration for werewolves. Every year one pack is tasked with the 'honor' of hosting, it's a party for UnMated wolves to find their Mates. All eligible pack members and rouges are invited (and expected) to give everyone the highest chance of finding their Mate. For those -like my friend Simon- it's the best opportunity in their life for Match Mating because they're in a small pack.

I however, would rather lick a toad than be Mated to some stuck up, know-it-all Alpha man who has masculinity and pride issues- 24/7.   The moon goddess may pick Mates who have matching souls, but that doesn't mean they'll be matching in character value or personal standards. She simply finds a pair of people who's Soul's mesh well together, but doesn't pay much attention to the personality of the two. Knowing her- she'll stick me with an asshole that neither myself or Felix will be happy with.

                          —————————-

"Thank you for being on time today, I trust you'll inform us if anything goes outside of the plan." The other Alpha nodded. "Yes Alpha, thank you for this opportunity."

"It isn't me who you should think." Felix said with a patronizing smile. And Alpha Douchē turned to face me. "Ah yes, Thank you Female Alpha for choosing my pack to host the pups summer camp this season." I nodded politely, not caring enough to grace him with a verbal response.

"I will get started with the preparations immediately, we'll take our leave now." He took his Mates hand and walked out of the meeting room. Felix turned to me.

"Are you sure he's the best person for this camp? What made you choose him of all Alphas?" I shrugged, leaning back in my chair and sitting my feet on Felix's lap.

"I've heard through the grape vine that he's fair and kind to all the Ranks, Omegas and Neutrals included. Plus, his pack is small and this is their chance to prove themselves worthy of my time and investment. I think they have a good location to make a wildlife reserve, and we need more in their area." He leant forwards, resting a hand on my ankle while thinking.

"This is your way of testing his loyalty and truthfulness?" I nodded, loyal Alphas are a pain to find. especially when there's a big increase of packs in poverty, they'll manipulate and abuse any powerful connection as a way of making money. Us being the last blood relatives of the Poíveé family paints a big red target on our backs; Everyone wants the wealth of the Royal Alphas.

Just then the door was opened and a frantic looking Asher greeted us.

"Female Alpha there's a problem at the border!" I sighed standing up to follow my Beta, When he turned to face Felix. "My apologizes for interrupting Alpha."

"Just deal with the issue and keep Allysia safe." I rolled my eyes and turned to face Asher as he bowed to Felix. "Yes, sir." Just then another head poked into the room, this time it was Beta Colten.

"Alpha something's happening at the infirmary! Dr, Riggs has requested your presence immediately!" Felix stood and followed Colten down the hall as I follow Asher to deal with the border issue. Life for Alphas is never boring, unfortunately.

Felix's POV:

We made it to the infirmary, the instant I stepped into the hall my hair stood on end. My wolf went crazy and I felt this dehumanizing feeling of dread churning in the pit of my stomach. "Alpha! Thank goodness you're here!" One of the nurses rushed over, practically gasping for air. "What's happening?" She seemed confused and afraid, her hair was a frizzy mess and I could see blood on her coat.