outro

Diana Elizabeth Masen ran her hands through her hair, nervously glancing around the table. Alice had gone quiet, her eyes glazed over as she became entranced in a vision. Edward was glaring at Mike, who was staring at Bella, and Jasper had locked eyes with Diana, raising his brow at her.

She figured he was inquiring about her sadness, but she wasn't going to talk to him about it, he wanted to be on good terms with Edward again, so she just shook her head, brushing him off. She was grateful when the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.

The rest of the table's occupants dispersed quickly, but Diana was able to talk to Bella for a moment before Edward pulled her away.

"I won't be able to make it to the bookstore on Thursday, I have to run perimeter with the boys, but I'm free Friday if that works?"

Bella smiled at her friend and nodded, "That works, tell Paul and Embry I say hi."

Diana nodded, "I will, see you tomorrow."

The beautiful girl, wild bronze hair flung over her shoulder, turned to leave and was walking down the hall when she heard him.

"Wait, Diana."

She was surprised to hear Edward speaking to her, so when she turned around to see him watching her she stopped, "Yes?"

Edward lowered his head to Bella's ear and whispered, "Can you give me a minute?"

Bella glared at him, "Be nice," she ordered.

Edward nodded and watched as the brunette walked away.

He then made his way over to his sister, "You might want to come by tonight."

"I was planning on it, what are we dealing with?"

The Cullen's were, no doubt, going to have a 'family meeting' to discuss Alice's vision. Clearly, Bella wasn't invited, which usually meant it was going to entail danger.

"Victoria."

Diana nodded, "Figures... I'll be there."

She turned abruptly and made her way down the hall, towards her next class.

⎿✶⏋

At the Cullen's later that evening, Diana had only just crossed the threshold, when two words met her ears, "It's Victoria."

Diana hadn't expected much else.